Luna - Backend Software Engineer
- We really value open communication and feedback (when delivered with empathy and compassion). Hopefully you'll feel the same way.
- You have experience in building systems at scale. It doesn't matter about the language or domain but we need engineers who have exposure to the sort of problems we'll face.
- You have strong software craftsmanship tendencies, you take pride in producing clean, testable and readable code; and enjoy taking ownership of the features you’re working on end to end.
- You're constantly learning and are comfortable working on new technologies and domains. We'll support you as much as possible but we need people who can drive their own learning when thrown into a new area.
- You're excited by big challenges, this isn't going to be simple to build and there will be a lot of interesting and difficult engineering problems to overcome. If you're excited by this then we'd love to hear from you.
- Any experience with financial engineering or capital markets is a bonus, but not a prerequisite.
What does success look like
- Within the first week we'll aim to have you ship some code something like a simple test case or a small change in functionality.
- Within the first one to two months you'll feel comfortable within the code base and are regularly shipping small updates to the system. If you're new to any of our stack we'll give you the time you need to get up to speed with it.
- Within the first three months you've led the design and implementation of a new feature or service and integrated it with the wider platform. You'll work with the CTO and CEO to understand the requirements and build something to fulfil it.
- By six months to a year you're helping shape the vision for parts of the platform and helping to scale the engineering team. This could be by being responsible for the technical implementation of different systems or by helping us scale the platform and tech as the team grows. However it manifests you'll be having a big impact on how we grow the tech organisation!
Our tech + engineering principles
- The main platform uses a modern backend stack of Golang microservices running on AWS. We use Kubernetes for orchestration and Kafka for queueing, GraphQL for our APIs and a mixture of Low/No Code technologies for internal tools and React for customer apps.
- We also use Azure for our third party deployment, using a mixture of container instances, service bus and SQL Server as well as some old school VMs, so any experience with operating workloads in Azure would be a bonus!
- It's important to say that we're not expecting you to have experience with any of this tech, we're much more interested in your background, experience and willingness to learn. So whatever your background (bootcamp, comp-sci degree, self taught, something else!) if you're interested in what we're doing we'd love to hear from you!
- Otherwise we value following engineering best practices while making pragmatic and deliberate trade offs based on risk and speed of delivery. For our most important systems we move carefully with a strong test based approach but for less critical systems we use technical debt as a useful tool. We believe in shipping small changes often and iterating quickly over designing a system from scratch.
- £60-100k salary depending on experience
- 30 days holiday
- Generous benefits including health + life insurance, Juno membership, free lunch in the office etc.
- Flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to work on parts of a brand new platform that excites you and autonomy/ownership of how these parts of the platform evolve.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAwLjExNy4xNjYM
This job is closed
Compensation: $43k - $73k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
Press send to write a cover letter for this job post. Sign up and fill-up your bio to make it more personal