About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
Data and analytics are central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. The Analytics team is responsible for data architecture, data engineering, business intelligence, machine learning, and data governance functions that shape the way data is stored and leveraged across Gemini. Data engineers and Machine Learning engineers make up the Analytics team are responsible for building the primary decision support system that derives continuous value by
enabling individuals and various functional groups to make data driven informed decisions via our reliable data processes, data products and advanced analytics ability. The projects executed by the team cover a wide-range of topics including user acquisition and customer journey, cryptocurrency performance, product analytics, order book analytics, risk analytics, enabling automated and scalable blockchain based reconciliation systems, building predictive models all the way to enabling anomaly and fraud detection.
The Role: Machine Learning Engineer
We are growing the Data Science team and AI stack at Gemini. We are looking for machine learning engineers who are interested in solving diverse and complex business problems. You will leverage your experience and communication skills to work across business teams to build and develop innovative machine learning models and algorithms.
- Develop and implement machine learning and AI models to optimize across fraud, crypto exchange trading, anti money laundering and NFTs.
- Analyze large and complex datasets to identify patterns for feature engineering, trends, and anomalies in the market and develop predictive models that can be used for decision-making.
- Collaborate with software developers to design and implement machine learning systems that can improve the speed and accuracy of the machine learning models.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of our machine learning models and systems and make necessary improvements to ensure their effectiveness.
- Bachelors or Masters or PhD in Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of work experience in analytics and data science domain focusing on business problems
- 2+ years of experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in production
- 2+ years of experience in integrating data science models into applications
- Strong skills in programming languages like Python and SQL
- Solid foundation in classical machine learning across supervised and unsupervised learning
- Enthusiasm to learn Transformers, Generative AI and Deep Learning
- Experience with one or more big data tools and technologies like Snowflake, Databricks, S3, EKS, AWS, Hadoop, Spark
- Enthusiasm for Blockchain and crypto and power to unlock economic freedom
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.