Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount CP&E (Consumer Products and Experience) Strategy is a highly visible team responsible for the identification, analysis, and development of strategic initiatives to drive the long-term profitability and growth of CP&E’s businesses worldwide. This role can be located in New York City or Los Angeles.
We are seeking a Manager, Strategy to join our team! The Manager will support the development and execution of the growth strategy for Paramount CP&E. The role requires superior modeling skills as well as strategic and analytical thinking, business development, collaboration, communication, and multi-tasking skills. The successful candidate will possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management across CP&E and Paramount.
- Construct financial/analytical models in support of various strategic opportunities, potential acquisitions, and other financial deals. Summarize and communicate key findings to senior management
- Collaborate and coordinate with members of the Paramount CP&E strategy and executive team in the development and execution of key global growth initiatives – particularly as they relate to new media platforms, new business opportunities, and geographic expansion
- Identify, define, and analyze trends/strategies across major markets in relation to the consumer products (e.g., toys, apparel, home, CPG), publishing, video games and digital media (e.g., NFTs, web3), and experiences (e.g., theme parks) industries
- Identify areas of research and perform appropriate qualitative and quantitative analyses; perform primary and secondary research as needed
- Build compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key findings, outcomes, and recommendations to senior level executives
- Manage elements of Paramount CP&E’s annual long-range planning (LRP) process
- Proactively identify new growth opportunities (e.g., new product categories/channels, alternate business models, emerging trends)
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time across Paramount CP&E
- Manage timelines and implementation schedules
- Participate in a variety of senior meetings with professionalism and credibility
- At least 2 years of equivalent experience in strategic planning, management consulting, or investment banking role
- MBA (preferred)
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong problem-solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of concepts
- Excellent multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop arguments and present them concisely to a range of partners, including executives
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic
- Complete goals and deadlines
- Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward
- Design, apply, and interpret robust analytical solutions to support decisions
- Positively contribute to a culture of people development and learning
- Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
- Translate the “big picture” vision into a clear action plan
Hiring Salary Range: $100,000.00 - 115,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTc1LjEwNy4xNDIM