About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department:Consumer Experience
The Role: Mobile Engineer
As a Mobile Engineer on the Trading & Core team youâll be working with a cross-functional team of web, mobile, and backend engineers to build our mobile trading platform and features support the trading engineering team at Gemini.
Youâll architect and solve complex problems that will directly influence the direction of the digital asset space. Thereâs a wide range of problems to solve at Gemini â from properly securing millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to shaving microseconds off our API response times. We have a strong culture of code reviews, and a focus on security, with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our customers, clients, and the rest of the Gemini team, weâd love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS and Android.
- Build efficient and reusable UI components and architect reliable, performant, and maintainable solutions.
- Lead teams that continuously build, ship, learn, and iterate.
- Drive technical innovation, processes, and best practices required to deliver best-in-class mobile applications.
- Mentor and develop a high-performing team of engineers.
- Independently scopes and implements solutions for their project/team.
- Expert in our processes, also helping to define them. Keeps tests up to date and conducts QA before releasing products with cross functional teams.
- Writes meaningful code reviews.
- Handles open-ended problems and ambiguity well.
- Makes well-reasoned design decisions, identifying potential issues, trade offs, risks, and the appropriate level of abstraction.
- Proficient in all relevant technical skills, and able to move quickly because of deep understanding of large portions of the codebase.
- Leads and coaches within their team where possible, trusted with team decisions.
- Starting to broaden impact. Considers effects of their work on other teams, as well as identifying and helping to resolve problems facing the team.
- Contributes to the foundational good of their domain and engineering overall, defining patterns and examples, plus paying down tech debt.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and tools.
- Debugs expertly within their primary focus area.
- You have at least 4 years of experience building mobile applications, and at least 6 years of total software engineering experience.
- You have at least 2 years experience using React Native to build cross-platform mobile applications.
- You have knowledge of mobile best practices and stay informed about innovations in the mobile industry.
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and a demonstrated record of design and product sensibility.
- Expertise in unit and integration testing.
- Experience working with performance analysis tooling.
- Experience working with Fastlane and/or build automation tooling.
- Experience influencing product decisions with data.
- Experience working autonomously with distributed teams.
- Embraces big challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Able to change direction quickly based on shifting company needs.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.