Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Role: Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Principal Engineer to lead the design, build and architecture of mission critical systems as part of our product lines and services. This space is constantly shifting and evolving, and one of our biggest challenges is creating and maintaining a technical foundation that can keep up with those changes. Even more so than in other engineering roles, this individual must be an outstanding communicator and bridge-builder across different parts of the technology organization and the business. You’ll put your experience to work with helping development teams design and implement their solutions.
- Independently scope, architect, and deliver solutions for our largest, most complex technical challenges.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Review other software engineers’ code for correctness, >
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Support your team’s production software by responding to an occasional alert or bug report.
- At least 10 years of previous software engineering experience
- Experience working with high-performing teams of engineers on new problem areas for product development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex, innovative software solutions, cultivate product technology visions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work closely across sub teams and manage dependencies.
- Sound business judgment, with a proven ability to influence others and make excellent business and technical decisions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- A customer focused empathy and understanding of the challenges that developers face when using an application development platform, and a vision for how great products can help.
- Experience with modern software engineering concepts
- Interest AND/OR Expertise in C++, Scala, Rust or in similar backend programming languages.
- Experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as product managers, project managers, and business owners.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
Salary Range: In compliance with the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $178,000 - $277,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Gemini focuses on Financial Services, Virtual Currency, Bitcoin, and Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://gemini.com/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Product Hunt.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM