It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
As stated in our shareholder reports and earnings calls, Network is one of Cash App’s top strategic priorities. In 2022, acquired Afterpay with the intent to integrate Afterpay’s robust merchant network with Cash App’s consumer network to unlock powerful value for both. Cash Shopping team’s North Star is to deliver on this strategic priority and jumpstart shopping in Cash App. In delivering this strategic priority, we will be helping our customers spend better, save while also driving benefits for our merchants. We’re looking for an exceptional Product Operations Lead to help take our Cash App Shopping Product in Cash App from 0 to 1.
The Cash App Shopping Product & Product Ops team is responsible for an e2e best-in-class shopping experience in Cash App. In this role you will work alongside Product, Engineering, Design, Sales Ops, Sales, and Customer Support to own and continuously improve the e2e shopping offers onboarding and launch process, content calendar, brand & product data integrity, search & browse relevance, and tooling.
Ideal candidate has the ability to connect dots across seams within the organization to determine the most effective process, has a high quality bar, has a bias towards action, can take a well informed point of view, and is a strong written and verbal communicator.
- Oversee and continuously improve the operational processes required for Cash App Shopping to be best in class experience.
- Identify gaps in automations or functionality required for a greater quality of experience.
- Craft metrics and collect data to quantify process improvements, customer impact, size effort etc.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to execute on the product team’s priorities
- Lead internal communication to highlight the work product ops is doing to ensure XFN teams have a strong understanding of how the work is supporting the overall business
- 5-7 years of Product Ops experience
- An entrepreneurial, can-do spirit with demonstrated success in driving 0-> 1 efforts.
- Creative problem solving skills with a scrappy determination to do more with less
- Ability to collaborate across multiple groups and understand the value of working as a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead through influence and work effortlessly across internal teams
- Demonstrated experience in bringing processes and ways of working to life through written/visual presentations
- Strong organizational and time management skills: ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously that are deadline sensitive
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and highly matrixed organization
- Incredible attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in fast-paced consumer tech company is highly desirable
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM