Monad Labs is a venture-backed startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance smart contract platform built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad delivers 1000x the throughput of Ethereum—10,000 transactions per second—while maintaining backward-compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts, offering users and developers the best of both worlds.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance, high-reliability, high-value system.
After raising a $19 million seed round backed by Dragonfly Capital, Placeholder Capital, Naval Ravikant, and other leaders in the crypto space, we are hiring a few more exceptional engineers who want to work on challenging and impactful problems in a fast-paced environment.
Monad Labs is looking for an exceptional quant to work on data science and machine learning problems in the blockchain space. The work will be challenging, as it will involve predictive modeling for a variety of topics like transaction dependencies, user behavior, network behavior, etc. We’re looking for someone who has excelled in other environments where predictive analytics had a direct impact on the bottom line, such as high-frequency trading or traditional tech. Your work will directly impact the performance and economics of one of the biggest upcoming blockchain projects in the space.
What You’ll Do
- Work on greenfield predictive modeling problems related to blockchain performance and system/user behavior. Problems may be open-ended; you’ll have to devise and prototype a variety of approaches before finding the correct solution.
- Implement production-grade solutions and take end-to-end ownership of production prediction pipelines.
Who You Are
- You’re creative, self-motivated and independent
- You have a proven track record of building predictive models with an edge over the competition
- You have excellent knowledge of predictive modeling techniques including linear regression, decision trees, and neural nets
- You know numpy and pandas like the back of your hand
- You’ve built something significant from scratch
- Strong Bonus: You are crypto-native
Why work with us
- You’ll work on extremely challenging problems with massive impact
- You’ll work with a small, exceptional team (bios here: https://monad.xyz/team)
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and competitive total compensation package
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You’ll be part of a flat, results-driven organization
- Your work will be deeply impactful, enabling a much cheaper and more efficient computation platform
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $200,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; insurance coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuNzYuMjUM