Osmosis is a community-created decentralized exchange that serves the Cosmos community, bringing multi-chain DeFi to life, starting with the Cosmos interoperability layer. Early contributors to Osmosis include the Keplr wallet team and members of the earliest Cosmos core development team.
We’re a community of passionate industry thought leaders whose research and development work is used at the frontier of cryptography and cryptoeconomic design. We have our finger on the pulse and are collaborating on bringing to life innovations that improve the defi experience.
Start contributing to Osmosis to become part of a global, international movement that will disrupt traditional finance as we know it.
How We Work
Our community works around the world - in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. We cooperate over Slack, Discord, and GitHub. We ship fast and iterate quickly to best address the rapidly evolving demands of the market.
We are seeking aSenior Backend Engineer with a strong interest in blockchain technology to join our Osmosis Data team. As a Backend Engineer, you will play a critical role in building data pipelines and developing API-based backend services.
What you could work on:
- Helping design, implement, and operate data-intensive microservices from the ground up.
- Building and maintaining data processing pipelines that extract and process data from the osmosis blockchain.
- Developing and maintaining secure and scalable backend services and APIs.
- Designing a real-time streaming system capable of listening to and reacting to real-time blockchain data and events.
- Contributing to improving our protocol's observability by developing tools for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on key metrics and behaviors (e.g., incentives).
- Debugging and troubleshooting production issues with our data platform.
- Have at least 4 years of professional software development experience in building and maintaining data-intensive applications.
- Possess a solid understanding of Backend and Data Engineering principles and best practices.
- Have strong experience with relational and non-relational databases, time-series databases, queueing systems (such as Kafka), and API design.
- Have strong programming skills, preferably in Go, Python, and/or Rust.
- Are familiar with cloud data services and infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP).
- Have a strong understanding of distributed systems and how they can be operated at scale.
- Have experience in running and operating production workloads.
- Are passionate about blockchains and decentralized technology.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem-solving and ownership of tasks.
- Previous experience working on high-scale, highly critical data systems, preferably in DeFi or TradFi.
- Proven record of driving processes from start to production, demonstrating the ability to lead initiatives from the conceptual phase through to successful operational deployment.
- Familiarity with the Cosmos SDK stack.
- Contributions to open-source data projects.
- Experience working in remote and globally distributed teams.
$125,000 - $180,000
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of DeFi
- Flexible work schedule
- Travel stipend for in-person conferences and meetups
- Flexible PTO
- Work at the forefront of the blockchain sector and within the Cosmos ecosystem
Osmosis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.