Compliance in Cake Group manages regulatory matters, including licensing / authorisation needs, regulatory development, AML compliance and relationships with regulators. The Compliance team works closely with other stakeholders in managing regulatory risks, prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing and regulatory reporting. Our aim is to ensure the reputation of Cake Group as a responsible and credible corporate citizen.
This role will be focused on building and managing the Risk & Compliance program for the Group. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, you will oversee, implement, and maintain the Financial Crime Compliance (i.e. AML/CTF) and General Compliance matters for the Group’s operations.
The LRC team (Legal, risk and compliance) at Cake Group was listed in the Asian Legal Business - Asia 2023 Top 15 In-House Teams list.
What you’ll do:
- Manage compliance matters and queries as required with the relevant regulators and based on where the Group will be seeking or has current licenses
- Familiarity with the Payment Services Act (“PSA”) / Digital Payment Token (“DPT”) license requirements, all relevant MAS notices in Singapore, and Markets in Crypto-Assets (“MiCA”) regulations in Europe.
- Manage daily operations of compliance team and function
- Perform AML/CDD/KYC management review and decision making on new and existing clients
- Monitor the performance of regulatory compliance and Governance, Risk, Compliance (“GRC”) programs, carry out risk assessments and compliance reviews to ensure policies and procedures are complied with
- Assist with regulator queries and internal / external audits
- Work closely with legal counsel to support business and senior management on relevant policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Review and revise compliance manuals and GRC policies and procedures as required
- Identify regulatory trends and developments that impact business areas and advise on any material impacts to current activities
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in compliance within the financial services, banking, or crypto industry. Regulator experience is advantageous
- You have a good working knowledge of MAS requirements and general compliance standards
- You have built, or managed a compliance function or department in the past. GRC experience is advantageous
- Crypto/blockchain experience is a must
- CAMS or other equivalent compliance certifications are preferred
- Your communication skills are first class and you are able to convey complex matters in a simple manner
- Well connected within the web3 and crypto ecosystem in Singapore, including engagement with industry groups like the SFA, ACCESS and BAS
- Proven ability to understand complex AML and sanctions risk and operational issues and develop practical and risk-based solutions
- You have a natural desire to learn and grow constantly and evolve within your role, expert knowledge and expertise of our ecosystem
- You are easy to work with and love to work in a fun, passionate team within a fast-paced and demanding ecosystem that keeps challenging you
- You like the startup vibe and like to adapt quickly if necessary and grow with our company
- Fantastic written and spoken English
Good to have:
- Knowledge in the application of risk and related control frameworks and practices (e.g. TRM);
- Certification in at least one of the following: CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP will be advantageous;
This job is closed
Compensation: $140k - $171k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: