Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY), a global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, and KnownOrigin, one of the most innovative non-fungible token (NFT) marketplaces, announced in June 2022 that eBay has acquired KnownOrigin.
KnownOrigin’s technology and platform provides artists a place to create unique, authentic, digital collectables, in the form of NFTs. This acquisition is an important step in eBay’s tech-led reimagination, ushering in a new era of digital collecting to the world’s top destination for collectables. KnownOrigin, which was founded in 2018 in Manchester, UK, enables artists and collectors to create, buy and resell NFTs via blockchain-support transactions. Since its founding, KnownOrigin has seen significant growth as it has revolutionised the way people create, buy, and sell NFTs.
Based in the heart of Manchester city centre, this newly created hybrid role will lead a team in a dynamic and fast paced environment and be responsible for engineering and delivering solutions which are capable of onboarding millions of users into the web 3.0 space. As Lead Engineer, this opening will advocate for best practice, modern, agile software engineering practices and technologies
What you’ll be working on...
- Building the future of NFTs and Crypto products for eBay and KnownOrigin
- Designing and building web 3 native protocols which can be leveraged by KnownOrigin as well as the wider eBay group
- Delivering centralised and decentralised solutions which can reach web scale but remain open to future web 3 technologies.
- Working closely with business stakeholders to identify, design and implement complex scalable web solutions
- Lead a larger team or squad to produce data driven and high quality engineering solutions
- Collaborating with your squad to produce innovative products with low friction UX that empower a user's first moves into the web 3 space.
- Reporting directly to the CTO, you will have opportunities to design and deliver technology changes through the stack.
- Work closely with the wider community to Identify, build and release features
You will need to have..
- A deep and solid exposure to cloud services such as Google Cloud and or AWS
- Proven and core understandings of building scalable HTTP restful APIs
- Knowledge of / or exposure to building web applications and how cloud solutions can help scale products to millions of users
- Ecommerce solution building
- Ability to steer architectural design and decision making for a squad and wider company when needed
- Any blockchain/cryptocurrency exposure is desirable
- Experience in leading and a developing a team
- The ability to solidify best practice code and application quality standards
- Experience in using a GCP/AWS serverless and stateless solutions
- A passion for shipping high quality products for customers
And you may also have experience in..
- The research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies
- Building event driven architecture
- Experience with creating scalable GraphQL APIs
- Building publicly consumable APIs where others can build upon
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM, NYC)" excludes residents of Colorado, Hawaii, New Mexico and New York City.