At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
In this role, you will lead/manage a team that oversees the infrastructure, Internal Development Platform and continuous availability and reliability for the XRP Ledger, RippleNet services and other Ripple products. The role will span overseeing the development and reliability of key infrastructural components related to compute, build, integration, deployment , secure access among others. You are someone who is acutely focussed on site reliability but also have a close pulse on the internal engineering experience, and make good tradeoffs on what to build and why. You have good mechanisms to assess reliability, availability , latency and cost and ensure the right instrumentation is in place to enable these to be reviewed and improved. You are a force multiplier for developers and application owners in the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and inspire a team of Infrastructure engineers to continuously deliver availability and reliability of Ripple products
- Building and operating production software at internet scale
- Balancing bias to action with the ability to make well-informed bets
- Collaborating closely with our key partners as well as engaging directly with engineering customers to understand their needs and improve their experience
- Owning, creating and maintaining processes & tooling for infrastructure organization, adding your own tooling and processes.
- Support operations for infrastructure features and services
- Build in observability for internal infrastructure services as well as provide related observability frameworks for applications
- Minimize our mean time to resolve incidents by reacting to monitoring alerts, problems reported by employees or customers in a timely manner
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Strong familiarity with AWS tools and services
- 10+ years of total experience with 5+ years of management experience in building and leading diverse software infrastructure engineering teams.
- Experience building & operating highly reliable distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Customer-focused curiosity, passion for technology, pragmatic thinking, ability to jump into an ambiguous area, and break down complex problems
- Demonstrated experience in improving the reliability and operational automation of complex, multi-tier systems
- A strong product mindset along with experience in delivering large complex projects collaborating with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders that are technology, operations or business focused.
- Experience with monitoring systems and incident management
- Experience operating software as a service
- Experience working in the finTech a plus
- Experience participating in on-call(Your daytime) incident response
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M