Evmos is on a mission to develop and ship the tools necessary to build cross-chain applications of the future, freeing developers from the confines of today’s siloed blockchains.
We are building a fairer financial system without limits, for everyone, everywhere,by leveraging the latest, most secure and scalable technology: blockchain.
Check outour websiteand read our latest manifesto!
About the role
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Berlin - exceptions will be considered for strong candidates within Europe
The Senior Operations Manager at Evmos.org will be instrumental in steering our Finance and People Operations and turning this cross-functional team into a powerhouse. You'll work directly with the COO Martin and the Evmos leadership team to blend strategic vision with hands-on execution, and establish operational excellence in a team that's at the forefront of decentralizing finance for the world.
Your main responsibilities:
- Operational Excellence:Elevate the efficiency and effectiveness of our Finance and People Operations, ensuring seamless day-to-day management and strategic alignment with Evmos goals.
- People Operations Development:Innovate and implement strategies to enhance hiring processes, employee onboarding, retention, and development, fostering a culture of excellence within the team.
- Financial Operations Management:Sharpen financial operations including spend management, vendor negotiations, and capital deployment, ensuring optimal resource utilization and financial health.
- KPI-Driven Strategy:Implement and oversee operations based on key performance indicators, aligning operational activities with the company's strategic objectives.
- Value-Adding Initiatives:Identify and execute initiatives that transcend basic operational tasks, adding significant value to the organization.
- Team Leadership and Development:Mentor and guide the Finance and People teams, instilling a high-performance culture and driving operational excellence across the board.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:Work closely with various teams to ensure cohesive and efficient operations, demanding accountability and adherence to timelines.
- Project Management:Execute cross-functional projects involving Partners, Ecosystem contributors, and the core Evmos team. Demand deliverables and be annoying about timelines.
Who we are looking for
- 3-5 years experience in early-stage fintech, Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting (McKinsey, BCG, Bain)
- You're driven, with a passion for blockchain or fintech, and a proven ability to navigate the challenges of a rapidly evolving industry.
- Your focus is on the fundamentals of running a lean, agile company. You're adept at cash management, capital oversight, and KPI analysis.
- You're not just a manager; you're a mentor. You have the ability to inspire, teach, and elevate team members, fostering a high-performance culture.
- You think quantitatively, making decisions based on data and metrics. Your approach is pragmatic, and you're quick to adapt to new challenges.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are key. You articulate ideas clearly and can engage effectively with all stakeholders.
Why choose Evmos?
People make Evmos! We understand the importance of work-life balance and pride ourselves on our hybrid work environment and warm & welcoming culture that makes room for everyone's needs!
You'll be joining at a pivotal time on our growth journey - we just raised $27m in funding from investors and we're poised to accelerate towards our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
Our team are pioneers in teaching the first university-level Blockchain for Developers course at UC Berkeley, and are the perfect guides for your journey. You'll be able to expand your knowledge in cutting-edge blockchain technologies and its related fields.
On top of all that, we also offer:
- Flexible hours to ensure that our team members can work at times that suit their individual needs and schedules.
- Openness, transparency, and trust
- We foster creativity and innovation - everyone's ideas and opinions are valued and respected
- All team members feel welcome and appreciated for who they are
- We love getting together as a team and hosting community events! This is a great opportunity to network and meet like-minded people in the Cosmos community!
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative industry
- Professional development opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits
Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other legally protected status.