Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform organizationâs purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Within Platform, the Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for partnering with Geminiâs other engineering teams to ensure all our systems are architected, engineered and deployed to be resilient, reliable and performant.
The Embedded SRE team is a part of Site Reliability Engineering with a focus on engaging directly with our other engineering teams to onboard them onto our platform systems, reviewing and recommending design and architectural decisions, and guiding our engineering teams on how to implement the tooling provided by the larger Platform organization required to ensure systems can scale and react to changing conditions, with continuous improvement loops.
The Role: Site Reliability Engineer
You will be an integral part of leading Geminiâs engineering teams towards modern DevOps practices, both by developing and providing modern automation and operational tooling, and working cross-functionally across Geminiâs engineering teams to influence and shape our development practices and culture.
- Running on-going performance evaluations and improvements for Gemini systems
- Creating âProduction-ready Scorecardsâ to evaluate the health of systems pre-launch
- Implementing and teaching monitoring, alerting and automated resolution best practices
- Defining SLIs, SLOs with Engineering teams
- Educating and guiding Engineering teams on reliability and resiliency best practices, like statelessness, chaos testing, blue/green deployments etc.
- Building operational tooling and automations
- 2+ years using monitoring, alerting, and automation tooling to understand and remediate performance and health issues in systems at scale
- Good knowledge for various cloud technology providers like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience in a code-first environment, developing automated solutions to solve support and operational issues
- Experience working with containerization such as Nomad, EKS (k8s), Docker, etc.
- Experience working with Configuration Management such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience writing scripts or cli tools that help increase Developer Productivity
- Experience working with Engineering teams to implement best-practice technical solutions
- Experience working in a code-drive, automation-first public cloud infrastructure (Terraform)
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $120,000 - $168,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.