at Messari (View all jobs)
Remote - US
Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe.That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the on-chain data team here at Messari. The on-chain data team is responsible for all of the data, products, and research pertaining to blockchain data. Whether it be network fundamentals, protocol metrics, or token supply/unlocks, we build ‘em all. We take it end-to-end going from raw blockchain transactions and events, all the way to the research and products you see on our website.
Your role involves strategic collaboration across teams to architect pragmatic solutions that bridge business goals with cutting-edge technology. You'll design data services and infrastructure to empower users with insightful analytics. Expanding notification systems to new platforms, optimizing scalability, and ensuring robust performance for our growing user base. You'll drive mission-critical services, champion quality, and provide collaborative leadership.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with product management and other teams to understand the business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design and build new services to broaden the scope of the quantitative data we can provide both to our users and to our research team, both financial and contextual
- Developing systems and APIs (RESTful + GraphQL) that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of both users every day.
- Extend delivery mechanisms of the notification system to be capable of reaching users across new platforms.
- Optimize the performance and scalability of our backend system to meet the needs of our growing user base and subscriptions.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience with modern backend technologies including Golang, Postgres, and AWS (languages are preferred, not required)
- Experience maintaining a mission-critical production services
- A desire to work on big complex projects with lots of ownership
- A passion for shipping high-quality products
- Empathetic and love to help your teammates grow
- Experience working with real-time data platforms is a plus
Projects you could work on:
- Data Products:design, build, and maintain various data products we have at Messari (e.g. https://messari.io/protocol-explorer/all-protocols).
- Enterprise API:build performant, robust, and scalable enterprise-tier APIs that power some of the leading firms in the industry.
- Alerting System: real-time alerting/notification system that would propagate important on-chain events to our customers.
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
Senior: $185,000 - $200,000+
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEyLjE1NwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $185k - $200k
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: