At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Architect, deploy, and maintain Ripple's multi-region, multi-provider service platforms (with an emphasis on security and resiliency). Design and develop tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency. Create solutions for technical challenges involving PKI, secret management, geographic failover, data replication, availability, and platform resiliency. Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction. Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production ready. Participate in the leadership of DevOps-first principles within the organization. Research tools and technologies, push the team to experiment and evolve. Participate in on-call framework. Work with product engineers to provide guidance, automation, and development of platform features. Telecommuting permitted 50% or more but less than 100% per week within same geographic location as assigned office location.
Must have a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, plus five (5) years of software development experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, plus seven (7) years of progressive, post-baccalaureate software development experience.
Of the required experience, must have five (5) years of experience in the design and development of large-scale infrastructure components using Go, Python, and C/C++.
Of the required experience, must have three (3) years of experience in developing and operating networking devices and network operating systems.
Of the required experience, must have three (3) years of experience in each of the following:
- Working with multi-cloud infrastructures, including AWS, GCP, and IBM Cloud;
- Working with container schedulers and runtimes, including Docker or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos; and
- Building deployment pipelines that leverage CI/CD tools, Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, or HELM), and real-time telemetry and tracing tools (Jager, Tracing, or Prometheus).
Of the required experience, must have two (2) years of experience developing APIs and SDKs.
For positions that will be based in CA, the annual salary range for this position is below. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience, and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M