Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Crypto Core (Asset Transfer Team)
Our team's mission is to enable customers to send, receive, and hold digital assets seamlessly. We own all aspects of crypto transfers powering the Gemini Exchange and Gemini Custody.
The Role: Staff Software Engineer
As a Staff Software Engineer in the Crypto Core, Asset Transfer Team, you will work with our team of talented developers to enhance and expand the features of our crypto wallets and liquidity management processes. Our goal is to design, develop, deploy, and support customer-facing and distributed systems that serve millions of customers, with a focus on the speed and availability of asset transfers. We believe in fixing what's broken, automating what can be automated, and constantly improving our processes. Our technology stack is primarily Scala-based.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of new features for our crypto wallets and liquidity management systems.
- Ensure high availability and reliability of our systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation and improve user experience.
- Contribute to the scalability and security of our distributed systems.
- Participate in code reviews, mentor junior engineers, and share best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in the crypto and blockchain space.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in software development, with a strong background in Scala or similar languages.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining large-scale, distributed systems.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and a commitment to following best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and microservices architecture.
- Experience in the crypto or fintech industry.
- Understanding of blockchain technologies and crypto wallets.
- Leadership experience or a strong interest in mentoring junior team members.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $172,000 - $241,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.