Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Marketplace
This teamâs mission is to ensure Gemini is a premier trading platform for digital assets for consumers and institutions. This team owns all aspects of spot and derivative trading, ActiveTrader offering geared towards intermediate to advanced cryptocurrency traders and Exchange APIs as well as Portfolio/Wealth Management (Bitria).
The Role: Staff Software Engineer
Working with our team of core trading systems developers to improve and expand the functionality of our matching engine, order entry mechanisms, and market data publication. We design, develop, deploy, and support real-time systems for our digital asset trading platform. Time is measured in microseconds and we aim to start measuring in nanoseconds. Reliability, fault tolerance, recoverability, throughput, and latency are what we look for in our systems. If something on the spaceship is broken we aim to fix it, if something can be automated we automate it, and we ship our code weekly.
- Use engineering principles to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software.
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflows, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation of our real time exchange.
- Develop scalable architecture for the future state of our exchange and contribute towards improving the trading infrastructure.
- Write robust code and APIs to support the companyâs vital business.
- Keep everyone informed about the health and viability of the platform by reporting known issues and status of ongoing investigations.
- Identify and advocate for changes vital to the stability and supportability of the system.
- Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, highly available, and fault tolerant.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- 8+ years Java/C++ or functional programming language experience in an exchange/trading systems environment.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and continuous integration tools.
- 8+ years working with order handling or matching engines.
- 8+ years working with FIX or other market data/order protocols.
- Experience in building real time Linux systems.
- Solid understanding of IP multicast and TCP protocols.
- Low latency/lock-free development and design.
- Multithreading and concurrency experience.
- Binary or custom protocols (e.g. ITCH/OUCH).
- Linux kernel tuning and optimization.
- Scala experience.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.