Who we are:
Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely
About the team:
We are a five-person Jack-of-all-trades team covering many different skills and competencies in supporting the greater IT Operations team’s needs and supporting internal business functions directly.
The role in a nutshell:
The Systems Operations Engineer will join a close-knit, high-performing team, supporting the organisation globally. Working with the latest and greatest kit and cloud-first technology stacks (mostly AWS), you’ll be responsible for supporting the entire internal technology suite that makes the business as efficient as possible in its operations.You will be reporting directly toShaun, Systems Operations Manager.
Your mission will be:
- Use your expert knowledge in AWS and Linux using Terraform to establish and maintain all internal Luno-hosted services
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best-in-class cloud security solutions and applying configurations in line with the latest industry security practices.
- Ensuring systems and network uptime using monitoring and alert tools.
- Cloud data backup/recovery and storage
- Manage general IT hardware infrastructure including door access control, networking and internet connectivity at Luno offices around the world.
- Help to establish disaster recovery protocols for physical and virtual IT infrastructure and ensure high availability of internal IT services.
- Administer SaaS solutions under IT Operations purview.
A little about you:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect/SysOps Administrator or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Bash and/or other scripting languages.
- Experience with technologies such as Linux, Docker, APIs
- Proven experience with Terraform
- Experience managing and scaling fault tolerant infrastructure
- Expert level network technologies, protocols and services understanding
- UTM experience (Fortigate/Sophos/UniFi)
- SaaS Solutions : Atlassian, Google Workspace, Slack, Gitlab
- Apple MDM : Jamf / Google
- IdP Administration : Okta
- Code Repository : Gitlab
- Cloudflare Zero Trust exposure
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Access to Learnerbly and Code Academy
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTc1LjEwNy4xNDIM
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $115k *
Location: WC Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
This job is closed
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: