Backend Web3 Jobs in Lisbon, Portugal
1 job found
|Lisbon, Portugal|| |
$36k - $70k
This job is closed
We are looking for software engineers with a passion for performance, scaling, quality, and developer experience.
We pride ourselves on having exceptional career opportunities and offering outstanding benefits to our team. We have the enthusiasm of a start-up but with the structure and solidity of a mature industry leader. We offer an opportunity to make a unique impact, contributing not just to the code but to your team and developers across the organization.
The Web Platform Group owns the shared platform that enables the stream aligned teams to deliver the ratings, insights, and underlying evidence to our customers. Our mission is to enable BitSight to scale in terms of data, customers, and engineers. We go beyond core services and shared libraries by providing expert advice, tooling, documentation, architectural refactoring, and support. We remove barriers to growth.
BitSight’s mission is to make the online world a safer place by helping governments, companies, and NGOs understand and mitigate their cybersecurity risks. We take data from over 100 data sources to deliver ratings for over 500,000 organizations to our 2,100+ customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Decoupling existing chunks of our primary backend service with an eye towards spinning them off into their own microservices.
- Maintaining, building, and optimizing our APIs, with a particular focus on making existing APIs scale to handle larger and larger amounts of data.
- Championing architectural and coding best practices. Bonus points if you can tell us which of the 12 factors is your favorite.
- Working closely with the DevOps team on our CI/CD processes and production architecture to improve both developer and customer experience.
- Significant (3-6 years) experience designing, building, and maintaining a large SaaS application.
- Strong understanding of software and microservice architecture designs patterns.
- Significant experience with an object oriented language (Python, Ruby, C#, Java, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Significant experience with the one/some/all of following technologies: Python, Django, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, Jenkins, Express, Nodejs, Spring Boot, Flask.
- Experience with breaking up a software monolith into microservices.
- Experience with managing the roll out of new technologies (gRPC, GraphQL, Kafka, etc.) to software development organizations.
If you have been part of a quickly growing software company that rapidly evolved its underlying technology while still providing an excellent customer experience, we want to hear from you!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjM5LjE3My4xNDQM