We are offering an exciting entry-to-mid level opportunity to a young, energetic and talented accounting professional. You will get an opportunity to work and grow within the Finance department at a prominent web3 organization. The role is a supporting role within the finance department and will present the right candidate with an opportunity to grow and learn in a friendly, engaging and fast paced environment. In this role, you will be exposed to working with a variety of the most innovative web3 projects and explore your capabilities across the financial spectrum, from accounting and internal finance through to risk management and investment analysis.
Your main duties will be structured around day-to-day accounting tasks, monitoring and classifying blockchain transactions and interacting with various internal and external platforms for finance tracking. The Merit Circle DAO has an actively managed and transparent treasury which requires adherence to quality standards set by our Finance department, so diligence and attention to detail will be key to your success in this role.
Working in a wider team of passionate contributors, you will be expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner, as you will directly be representing the Organization and the Finance department on various occasions. While initially your work will mostly involve working with internal teams within our organization, you will also occasionally deal with our external service providers, such as accounting solutions providers, regulators, funds, tax attorneys, legal attorneys, games, angels and web3 projects. Given the finance department aims to ensure successful and sustainable operations across our whole organization, your work will touch on many different domains within the DAO, as the organization is highly integrated across its different operational verticals. With time, you will get more exposure to other aspects of our business, such as financial analytics and investment evaluation.
Everyone in our organization is expected to be honest, hardworking and have a passion for the work our organization does. These are the absolute basic ingredients that we require in all of our people.
For this role, we are looking for someone who has a solid understanding of technical accounting and blockchain basics, has great attention to detail and ability to focus, who likes to crunch numbers and to whom numbers are second nature. Further, we are looking for someone that is open minded and eager to learn in an energetic and fast paced environment. The right candidate will be a self-starter and capable to proactively add value and participate in team discussions around internal finance topics. Understanding how blockchain technology can improve upon the openness, accuracy and reliability of financial information will be beneficial, as well as willingness to experiment and run parallel systems to identify existing and future challenges.
The position is fully remote and is suitable for entry level candidates or professionals looking to gain experience in a gaming or crypto/ web3 organization. Due to the remote nature of our work, you will be required to occasionally work independently and coordinate the working times with other team members. Outside of mutually agreed times, where team meetings and internal events occur, you will be free to arrange your working time according to your preferences. The focus will be on output, and not on time spent. At the same time, the organization is looking for the type of people that will be occupied with elements of the organization or this industry in their free time as well. This role puts you in a position of trust, therefore integrity, loyalty and trustworthiness are essential components in this role.
This position offers significant opportunities for career progression. While the initial focus of your tasks will revolve around accounting and optimization of internal finance processes, part of the role will involve automating accounting processes and reducing time spent on menial tasks. With time, you will get an opportunity to gain more responsibilities and will be able to expand your finance role within the organization, to other domains such as; front office work, investments, partnerships, governance and gaming operations. The exact form your role could morph into over time will depend on the extent of your contribution, personal interest and developed skill set. Your financial compensation will progress in line with the amount of responsibilities you take on, the amount of value you add to the organization and the success of the wider organization. In this role, we encourage and compensate additional education and development that contributes to your becoming more valuable and effective in the role.
Your day to day activities will include the following:
- Working within the Finance Department at Merit Circle DAO, assisting senior team members with their day-to-day tasks
- General ledger accounting and interaction with various accounting platforms
- Blockchain transaction monitoring, classification and internal reporting
- Reconciliation of payments to external data
- Assistance in payroll and AR/AP accounting
- Assistance in development and testing of accounting procedures
- Communicating with team members and participation in meetings
- Entry level
- Knowledge of or experience in technical accounting, focusing on GL
- Knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrencies, NFTs and/or blockchain technology
- Understanding of data analysis and ability to work with spreadsheets programs
- Ability to collaborate with our other departments
- Excellent English speaking and writing proficiency
- Proactive and flexibly available if and when required
- Strong analytical and numbers skills
- 1-3 years of accounting work experience
- Professional qualifications in accounting or pursuit of such (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, accounting technician or other relevant qualifications)
- Experience in management and/or financial accounting and reporting
- Experience in data analytics and/or financial modeling
- Experience in coding, technical background
- Passion for or deep interest in web3 and/or fintech
- Personal gaming experience
- Open mindset with a desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and innovations
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote role with full operation and creative freedom - manage your hours / work in a way that suits you
- Unlimited vacation
- Company stock options (tokens)
- Expansion of a valuable professional network within gaming and web3
- Work in a high-growth sector for a high-growth company
- Fun, innovative and dynamic team
- Annual company retreat
- Budget towards learning and development
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTc1LjEwNy4xNDIM
This job is closed
Compensation: $72k - $75k *
Location: North Holland Amsterdam Netherlands
This job is closed
Benefits: Unlimited Vacation
Receive similar jobs: