Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Our Platform organizationâs purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Platform focuses around building a scalable and secure foundations platform, enabling Engineering to deploy, validate, and operate their services in production, improve resiliency of the service and increase organizational efficiency by reducing operational toil and increase system efficiency through architectural evolution.
The Role: Associate Cloud Network Engineer
The Network Services Team is responsible for partnering with Geminiâs other engineering teams to ensure all our systems are architected, engineered and deployed to be resilient, reliable and performant.
As an Associate Cloud Network Engineer, you will be focused on developing, and maintaining Geminiâs Cloud Network Infrastructure. You will be working closely with peers on the Platform, Security, and Development teams, as well as business stakeholders to build a highly scalable and resilient network infrastructure for always on availability.
- Develop, implement and support AWS multi-VPC, multi-region cloud network infrastructure
- Evaluate and implement new network infrastructure and topologies
- Utilize automation (Terraform/Terragrunt/Ansible) to improve productivity, workflow, and technology deployment
- Continually drive improvements in network performance to support various business services
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues, find and improve performance bottlenecks
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- 0-3 years of experience with large-scale multi-VPC AWS Network Architecture and integration (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Strong understanding of networking principles, protocols, and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, VLAN, BGP, etc)
- Experience with network security concepts and technologies, including firewalls, IDS/IPS, encryption, and access controls
- Experience with designing and implementing network architectures using Amazon Transit Gateway to connect and manage multiple VPCs and on-premise networks
- Some understanding of network design principles, including segmentation, load balancing, fault tolerance, and performance optimization
- Experience with multi-account network architectures and use of Amazon Transit Gateway as a central hub for network connectivity
- Experience with Amazon Network Firewall to work as a central hub for securing network traffic for Ingress, Egress, and East-to-West Traffic
- Experience with ALBs, NLBs, Global Accelerator, AWS WAF and Shield for Ingress traffic control from the Internet
- Experience in zero trust environments
- Experience with IaC concepts and tools such as Terraform and Terragrunt for provisioning and managing infrastructure resources
- Knowledge of Network Mgmt and Analytical tools such as Splunk, Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana, flow logs, cloudwatch, etc
- Understanding of aspects of TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Strong collaboration skills for effective communication with cross-functional teams, including developers, system administrators, security teams, and business stakeholders
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- ***Will consider recent grads preferably with internship experience in this space
- Robust experience in a fast-paced financial services or financial trading environment or Large-Scale Web presence company
- Multi Cloud Knowledge (eg. AWS, GCP)
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $104,000 - $145,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.