Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
At Blockchain.com, we are building the foremost innovative crypto ecosystem for institutional clients across trading, lending, custody, staking and DeFi services. We are on the search for experienced Back-End Engineers to join our growing Development Community in London. In this role, you will actively participate in developing next generation software systems to meet the growing demands of the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
Since 2017, Blockchain.com has run a successful Institutional business and has been the leading strategic capital partner to the largest trading, investment, and mining companies in the crypto space, providing lending, OTC and electronic trading, custody, asset management funds, and other financial products and services.
What you will do:
- Work closely with fellow Engineers and the Lead to develop innovative software solutions for our global cryptocurrencies institutional businesses and operations
- Design, develop and own high-performance solution stacks for our backend
- Maintain and optimize existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance
- Contribute to inter-team and cross-team efforts to enforce technology and coding standards and ensure adherence to optimum software designs patterns
- Keep abreast of the latest and emerging technologies in the blockchain and technology space
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar disciplines
- Familiarity with Unix-like operating systems
- 1 - 7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working on trading related back-end applications is preferred
- An innate curiosity and a strong grasp of software engineering principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in both traditional finance and cryptocurrency markets
- Ability to work independently
- Well-versed with modern backend technologies such as Python-Flask/FastAPI, JS or TS, SQL, Redis
- Being open to work with Rust or open to learn it
- Knowledge of other technologies such as CI/CD, C/C++, Solidity is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (e.g. AWS, GCP) is a plus
- Understanding the basics of spot / futures / options trading is a plus
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Hybrid model working from home & our office in Central London
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Work from anywhere policy
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.