Knox Networks is an open source software platform that supports white label programmable money and digital identity solutions for financial institutions.
The Knox software platform can be used for issuing, authorizing, verifying, executing, transacting, distributing and reporting programmable money between financial institutions and/or consumers as non-account based financial instruments including, but not limited to: digital cash, treasury securities, repurchase agreements, central bank digital currencies and any other cash analogue. Our technology focuses on balancing privacy, scalability and interoperability with various financial standards and payment networks.
As the Backend Engineer you will work closely with the rest of the engineering team, product managers, and designers and be responsible for designing, architecting, and implementing the backend APIs, libraries and services to power our identity and payment services.
The position is based in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA (also open to 100% remote) with full-time salary and benefits.
Key Responsibilities, Prioritized:*
- Build performant, resilient, and secure APIs, libraries, and applications/services to power Digital Identity across numerous verticals, including but not limited to Interbank, KYC Issuers, Verifiers, Bank/University, Health, etc.
- Become a subject matter expert with W3C Decentralized Identity (DID) and Verifiable Credentials (VC), and modern cryptographic practices to build out core identity components and adapters that can bridge traditional Web 2 systems. Work closely with the frontend, mobile and external teams as necessary to assist in Knox system adoption.
- Configure applications/repos (Including Open Source) with the CI/CD pipeline with proper configurations/tooling based on infrastructure/environment requirements with Docker/Kubernetes on AWS.
Bolster Engineering Practices
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team to create, refine, document the relevant technical requirements as per use cases. Work through code reviews, best practices and propose code, architecture, framework improvements, gap enhancements as observed.
- Support the team in ensuring products have addressed non functional requirements with security, performance, automation and operations in mind.
- Assist the engineering team in set-up, maintenance, ongoing development of continuous build/integration infrastructure and source code alignment/merge resolution.
- Help due diligence open source technology partnerships.
- Support interviewing of other engineering members and help them onboard onto the Knox team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong experience with backend architectures:
- Candidates must have demonstrated previous backend experience working with modern distributed systems architectures (Reactive streaming, asynchronous, non-blocking), container and orchestration services (Kubernetes, Docker, etc), and strong experience with Go (or Rust) and AWS.
- Strong experience with API/SDK design, gRPC, and ProtoBuf.
- Strong experience with message brokers and queues.
- Preferred experience having developed out scalable distributed systems, both from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
Widespread development knowledge:
- Intimate familiarity with Go, Rust and other modern languages.
- Version control experience with Git and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, Github, Notion, etc.
- Great with unit and functional testing and debugging.
- Preferred Identity and Fintech Awareness: Understanding and experience working in identity and/or the financial industry. Familiarity with any of the following: digital wallets, clearing and settlement, privacy, security etc. Understanding and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and the blockchain industry.
- Comfort in ambiguous unstructured environments: Building something new comes with significant ambiguity, and we want people that can thrive in that ambiguity. ****The environment is highly dynamic, and there are no precedents.
- Received a bachelor's degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field, and proven excellence in previous roles.
- 3+ years of experience with Go or Rust.
- Familiar with distributed systems, database scaling, and microservice architectures.
- Be based at the office in New York or LA and be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally on a regular basis as needed.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of technology
- Proven record of shipping features on time and on budget
- Flexible and focused on solutions
- Organized and self-sufficient
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RNDQuMTkyLjI2LjYwM