Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the world’s largest and most trusted production blockchain platform, powering more than 75 million wallets. Together with our platform of liquidity and execution services, we share the passion to build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We have continued to expand our company’s footprint and venture into new products and business lines. With a balanced approach between Consumer Products and Institutional business lines, Blockchain.com covers a wide array of products and customer types.
We are looking for a Backend or Fullstack Engineer to join our growing exchange user experience development team in Buenos Aires to rapidly create, iterate and launch high quality software that empower users all over the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take part in feature design and development. Work close to designers, PM and customer success team
- Build software that delivers an innovative user experience, and handles low latency high throughput trades for users around the globe.
- Write well-tested, reliable code, and review peers’ code and give feedback
- Gain exposure to an array of open-source technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Proactively collaborate with team members, ensuring the sharing of knowledge and efficient division of labor.
- Propose new ideas for the app: technical improvements or features
- Take your, and other peoples, code to production
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2-3 years of experience building distributed, web scale applications on Open Source software
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies.
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems.
- An appreciation of the entire stack (including but not limited to front-end, service oriented architecture, databases, network layers, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Preferably experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of crypto (as in cryptocurrency, not as in cryptography)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You enjoy learning new things.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Work for Blockchain.com - a profitable, well funded, global crypto company and a leader in the crypto ecosystem
- Work with some of the best, most experienced engineers working in crypto today
- Develop software used by millions of people all over the world
- Learn new skills, progress in your career
- Competitive full-time salary, paid in USD
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office location in Palermo and remote working options.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at [email protected]. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzUuMTczLjc0M