SELF ID is a new company focused on solving the issue of digital identity. Instead of looking at identity as a problem to solve through "authentication", we've realized that the context is much bigger and more exciting. Our solution enables users to co-own their data with the platforms they create that data with, and then gives them the ability to share, give, distribute and even monetize that data as we put the individual at the center of their electronic universe and create the world's first "digital genome".
Our company is founded by leading inventors and investors in the crypto space, and includes founders of some of the top 4-5 crypto projects by market cap. With the expertise we have in the space, the experience we have across our founders, and the excitement around this particular type of technology, we are confident that this project takes on a life of its own. We want to be sure we're enlisting the help of the right people to help us on that journey.
SELF ID has recently closed a seed round of funding and is launching this fall.
Business Development Manager
SELF ID is looking for a Business Development Manager who will drive revenue expansion by growing & managing SELF ID's network of Users, Third-party Attestors, and Relying Party relationships. The ideal candidate for this role will have a track record of successfully sourcing, launching, and managing new revenue-producing partnerships, and demonstrated success growing existing partner and/or client relationships. This role will require a substantial amount of outbound prospecting and sales discipline is a must-have. You will be responsible for building & maintaining key relationships with your partners on an ongoing basis.
As our first Business Development hire, you will also have the opportunity to help us build out the Business Development function at SELF ID–developing playbooks and validating go-to-market strategies, identifying new high-value use cases and expansion opportunities across industries, and more.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer (COO) that can be held anywhere in the world.
What you'll do at SELF ID:
- Act as a subject matter expert for SELF ID solutions include capabilities, differentiators, and service offerings.
- Build a pipeline of prospective partners, aggressively pursue the highest value relationships, and work collaboratively with the leadership team to close
- Own the end-to-end deal cycle, from initial prospecting through negotiation, signing, and launch
- Perform background research and lead generation on customer accounts, prospects, competitors, and industry trends supporting sales activities.
- Draft sales documentation, proposals, reports, contracts, and maintenance agreements for large scopes of work, including services to be performed, defined KPIs, company and client responsibilities.
- Be the primary connective tissue between the company and the market to provide feedback and insights on what's working/not working, and recommendations for accelerating growth
- Be a strong, professional representative of the company in a public-facing capacity
- Monitor performance of your partner portfolio; identifies areas of opportunity, engage with key stakeholders and execute joint initiatives to deliver results
- Collaborate with leadership, product, design, and engineering teams to gather feedback, resolve challenges, and promote strong partnership outcomes together
- 2-5 years of experience in channel sales, business development, strategic sales, or client-facing roles with a proven track record of success in financial services
- Relationship builder – Great connector and authentic communicator with a strong ability to influence and win people over
- Sales Executor - Track record of successfully driving end-to-end sales cycle from initial outreach through launch.
- Experience conducting cold outreach to target decision-makers via phone, email, and other prospecting tools.
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking, and comfort leading commercial negotiations
- Strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at medium multi-national companies or large complex organizations.
- Ability to develop various markets, sales, and management strategies for strategic account planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with a broad range of stakeholders, including C-Level executives.
- Strong project management and collaborative skills
- Strong ability to resolve issues/concerns and address challenges with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to develop confidence with all levels of a client environment, from senior executive management to operational employees.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under fluctuating pressure and tight deadlines.
- BA/BS required
- Blockchain, crypto, web3 experience a plus
- Some travel required
We benefit from the great work you do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of benefits to help each of us live our best lives.
- Competitive salary - because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days - because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Flexible work environment - because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment - because - teamwork makes the dream work
- The ability to build something great alongside great people - because we're here to change the world, and to have a lot of fun along the way
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M