Business Development Manager
SELF ID is looking for a Business Development Manager who will drive revenue expansion by growing & managing SELF ID’s network of Users, Third-party Attestors, and Relying Party relationships. The ideal candidate for this role will have a track record of successfully sourcing, launching, and managing new revenue-producing partnerships, and demonstrated success growing existing partner and/or client relationships. This role will require a substantial amount of outbound prospecting and sales discipline is a must-have. You will be responsible for building & maintaining key relationships with your partners on an ongoing basis.
As our first Business Development hire, you will also have the opportunity to help us build out the Business Development function at SELF ID–developing playbooks and validating go-to-market strategies, identifying new high-value use cases and expansion opportunities across industries, and more.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer (COO) that can be held anywhere in the world.
What you’ll do at SELF ID:
- Act as a subject matter expert for SELF ID solutions include capabilities, differentiators, and service offerings.
- Build a pipeline of prospective partners, aggressively pursue the highest value relationships, and work collaboratively with the leadership team to close
- Own the end-to-end deal cycle, from initial prospecting through negotiation, signing, and launch
- Perform background research and lead generation on customer accounts, prospects, competitors, and industry trends supporting sales activities.
- Draft sales documentation, proposals, reports, contracts, and maintenance agreements for large scopes of work, including services to be performed, defined KPIs, company and client responsibilities.
- Be the primary connective tissue between the company and the market to provide feedback and insights on what’s working/not working, and recommendations for accelerating growth
- Be a strong, professional representative of the company in a public-facing capacity
- Monitor performance of your partner portfolio; identifies areas of opportunity, engage with key stakeholders and execute joint initiatives to deliver results
- Collaborate with leadership, product, design, and engineering teams to gather feedback, resolve challenges, and promote strong partnership outcomes together
What Excites Us:
- 2-5 years of experience in channel sales, business development, strategic sales, or client-facing roles with a proven track record of success in financial services
- Relationship builder – Great connector and authentic communicator with a strong ability to influence and win people over
- Sales Executor - Track record of successfully driving end-to-end sales cycle from initial outreach through launch.
- Experience conducting cold outreach to target decision-makers via phone, email, and other prospecting tools.
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking, and comfort leading commercial negotiations
- Strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at medium multi-national companies or large complex organizations.
- Ability to develop various markets, sales, and management strategies for strategic account planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with a broad range of stakeholders, including C-Level executives.
- Strong project management and collaborative skills
- Strong ability to resolve issues/concerns and address challenges with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to develop confidence with all levels of a client environment, from senior executive management to operational employees.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under fluctuating pressure and tight deadlines.
- BA/BS required
- Blockchain, crypto, web3 experience a plus
- Some travel required
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $31k - $60k *
Location: NY New York City, New York, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: