Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
We are looking for a Content Specialist to join our Customer Experience team and manage our Help Center, internal Knowledge Base, and scaled support content. You are a strong writer and editor with experience in digital content management, content strategy, project management, and data-informed decision making. You also have an eye for improving user experience and the ability to manage sophisticated, cross-functional projects with proven critical thinking skills. This is a dynamic position and an opportunity to be part of a growing team.
- Convert complicated product and policy concepts into simple, jargon-free language using Whatnot’s voice
- Collaborate with product, marketing, operations and legal teams to create content for product launches
- Work with the operations teams to write clear, conscientious support messaging
- Make data-driven decisions to improve Whatnot’s support experiences and troubleshoot known issues
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting tight, frequently changing deadlines
- Undertake hands-on research to obtain often technical content from subject matter experts and engineers, translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- 3+ years of professional content writing experience
- 2+ year(s) experience in one or more of these areas: help and support content, content management systems and workflows, editorial quality assurance, online operations at a tech company, technical writing for a software product
- Project management experience, with the ability to work through ambiguity and manage competing priorities
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics, and the ability to communicate this effectively to the team. Knowledgeable in data-driven analysis
- Deep understanding and demonstrated experience writing/improving content in a fast-paced digital environment
- Experience with content design, information-architecture concepts, and CX content best-practices
- Experience with Customer Support content or other direct-to-consumer digital content strategies
- Experience working within multiple Content Management and Knowledge Management Systems
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M
This job is closed
Location: CA Los Angeles, California, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Unlimited Vacation
Receive similar jobs: