Join our small, fiery team on a mission to usher in the Bitcoin Golden Age.
About ShakepayShakepay is reimagining financial services to give every Canadian their fair shake, by making it bitcoin-friendly, secure, and rewarding. When Shakepay launched in 2015, it quickly became one of Canada’s fastest-growing financial institutions. Backed by top venture funds having raised $44M+ and trusted by over one million Canadians and counting. People who choose careers at Shakepay are helping shape a future of financial freedom, opportunity, and prosperity for all Canadians.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the company’s financial reporting, continuously improving internal controls, and collaborating with other stakeholders on strategic projects. You will work closely with cross functional teams and you will play a key role in scaling the finance function.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly financial close process and work with the accounting manager to ensure all investor and regulatory reporting requirements are met at all times
- Lead annual financial audit and work with external auditors to ensure completion of audited financial statements
- Lead the preparation and presentation of consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for multiple entities
- Establish accounting policies for new products and revenue streams to ensure compliance with IFRS standards
- Lead process improvement initiatives and advise on new finance software implementations projects
- Improve internal controls and ensure compliance with covenants and regulatory requirements
- Oversee compliance and timely payments of all provincial and federal payroll remittances
- Oversee tax compliance, reporting and implement tax planning strategies in a multi entity environment
- Work closely with the head of finance on special projects
- CPA designation
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Proven experience as a Controller or in a similar financial leadership role
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Nice to have
- Bilingualism in English and French
- Experience with a growing software/technology start-up
- Experience implementing an ERP system
- Interest in Bitcoin
- Be part of a groundbreaking journey: you'll live on the frontier of financial innovation. Bitcoin is rewriting the rules, and Shakepay is at the forefront.
- Impact and scale: with only 2% of Canadians on Shakepay, the potential for growth is massive. You can help us bring Shakepay and bitcoin to all Canadians.
- Rewarding benefits: we offer competitive compensation (every shaker owns stock options), benefits (health, dental, paramedical, disability, etc), and generous vacation time.
- Embrace continuous learning: ambitious individuals with an insatiable thirst for knowledge will feel at home. Working at Shakepay means you'll be working in an environment that encourages constant growth and development.
- Get paid in bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- Work remote: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal or Toronto, you can also work from our offices.
We understand that potential can be just as valuable as experience. If you're eager to learn, grow, and contribute to the mission but worry that you may not have the “right” experience, we still want you to apply. We encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. We’re firm believers that a little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.
Please note that while all of our roles are remote, we are a Canadian company and will not be sponsoring visas for this position. You must be eligible to work in Canada to be selected.
Fluency in English is required due to the percentage of English-speaking customers and the nature of our platform, which is available to all Canadians.
This job is closed
Location: QC Montreal, Quebec, Canada
This job is closed
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs:
Web3 Legal Expert Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Legal Expert is $167k per year, with a minimum base salary of $122k and a maximum of $260k.
Check more information about Web3 Legal Expert Salary.
|Job Position and Company