TBD is Block's newest, emerging business unit- focused on building a future where every individual can access and participate in the global economy. The TBD team is on a mission to lead by example, inspiring the world to invest in & collaborate on open source standards and permissionless technologies for the public good. Join us as we build a financial system accessible for anyone who wants to participate.
TBD is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join the Executive Operations team, partnering with our Heads of Product, Product Engineering, and Open Source Engineering teams. Our Executive Assistants are the strategic partners who hold everything together - from calendaring and travel, to reporting processes and team operations, you will participate in cross-functional efforts to support TBD and its initiatives. The TBD Executive Operations Team is a centralized organization where our EAs report into EA Managers and work cross-functionally with our other business units. They are the carriers of culture and community throughout the company.
- Provide administrative and strategic support to the Heads of Product, Product Engineering, and Open Source Engineering
- Maintain sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with executives, partners, and EAs domestically and internationally
- Partner closely with executives by attending important meetings, taking notes, being an active participant and knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness
- Find new and efficient ways to create work processes to help maximize your executives' time, including weekly and quarterly reporting, goal-tracking, and team meetings
- Maintain confidential information and effectively manage competing projects
- Foster relationships with cross-functional partners to help support team programs and goals
- Work within our centralized Executive Operations team to provide support, mentorship, and guidance to enhance the team as a whole
- 7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and ability to connect distributed teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones in a remote environment
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often using and interpreting data. Creating processes from the ground up
- High trust/low ego partnerships with executive assistant team, executive partners, and cross functional stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset and putting in the work to collaborate on projects in a startup environment
- Understanding of how to scale teams for growth within startup environment
- Appreciation for the challenges of supporting a growing team of diverse personalities and programs
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $66.44 - USD $81.25
Zone B: USD $61.78 - USD $75.53
Zone C: USD $58.51 - USD $71.49
Zone D: USD $53.17 - USD $65.00
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuMTk1LjE5NgM