- Lead strategic direction, training and advisory support with regards to Compliance
- Develop and maintain robust compliance policies, procedures, controls, and frameworks
- Engage cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to implement an effective compliance management program in line with the global standards and industry best practices.
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), which will include submitting suspicious activity reports to supervisory authorities, reviewing suspicious fact and transaction monitoring patterns to make relevant determinations, and conducting firm dealings with regulators including the FCA and NCA.
- Monitor and assess compliance with UK laws, regulations and policies, particularly as they pertain to AML/CTF/CPF and sanctions and understand the corresponding regime in key global markets.
- Oversee annual, periodic and on-demand compliance reviews and investigations, including but not limited to compliance monitoring programme reviews, annual policy updates/refreshes, and AML/CTF risk assessment updates.
- Prepare Compliance reports, including reports to Board and board sub-committees, and other materials as required.
- Participate in Board committee and sub-committee meetings, whether as a member or on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct and oversee company training schedule.
- Liaise with other second and third line teams to ensure a sufficient control environment that exceeds base regulatory standards.
- Act as first port of call for business team members in compliance issues and advise accordingly.
- Oversee compliance reviews and investigations.
- Prepare Compliance reports, including reports to management and the board, and other materials as required by direct and matrix stakeholders and submit timely.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- 8+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries such that you can meet the proficiency requirements for Head of Compliance/MLRO
- Experience of overseeing an effective compliance management program in line with UK standards and an awareness of local and international industry best practices.
- Previous appointment as an FCA-approved Compliance Officer and/or MLRO in a banking, payments/e-money and/or crypto firm, or otherwise able to demonstrate sufficient experience in senior compliance roles with corresponding responsibilities to those specified above.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the crypto-industry, as well as the relevant risks. This may be via previous companies/roles or via qualifications.
- Working knowledge and experience of developing compliance policies to ensure compliance with the following laws, regulations, lists and guidance: FATF Guidance, JMLSG Guidance, Data Protection Act 2018, UK GDPR, Money Laundering Regulations 2017, Terrorism Act 2000, Sanctions Act 2018, and other corresponding AML/CFT/counter-proliferation financing and sanctions regulations. The ideal candidate would also be aware of equivalent regimes globally.
- Experience of conducting and overseeing internal and external investigations.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Prior experience working in the crypto industry
- CAMS, ICA, or equivalent certification
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $100k *
Location: ENG London, England, United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: