Molecule’s story starts with patients and researchers. We imagine a world where patients directly fund researchers developing the next therapeutic breakthrough they need. A world where accessible, innovative therapeutics are created through collaborative drug development and fuelled by early R&D funding - operating at the intersection of biotechnology and decentralization, we are building the frameworks and platform to do exactly this.
Over the past 12 months, we have grown our team from 3 to 19 and recently closed a $12.7m Seed round. Now, we are looking to expand our team with a caring, people-orientated Head of Engineering that is well-versed in blockchain technology and web3.
As this position will form the most centric part of what Molecule will build over the months and years to come, we will be as intentional as possible in the hiring process, using the following crucial aspects to proceed with any applications received:
Some basics we’d really want to see
- You should have experience in tech startups or small development teams;
- We’d be thrilled if you’d have a critically deep understanding of web3, and blockchain and are familiar with the term ‘DeSci’, however, it’s even more critical for us to hire a people-orientated and mentor-like leader; and
- Despite this position being 100% remote, we’d be thrilled if you could join us in Berlin or, where this is not possible, travel to meet with the Founders at least once every second month.
What You'll Be Doing
As our Head of Engineering,
- You’ll be leading the tech team in building and scaling the suite of Molecule products and services;
- You’ll be developing the technical roadmap for growing the Molecule technical infrastructure;
- As part of leadership, you’ll be guiding and deciding major strategic decisions for the Molecules development and the organization at large;
- You’ll be growing the tech organization within Molecule and mentoring different levels of engineers within it;
- You’ll be scouting and implementing innovative technologies in the realm of distributed systems.
Experience? Here’s what we want to see
- You are a full-stack developer with 8+ years of developing experience;
- You have 5+ years of leadership experience, leading and mentoring tech teams;
- You have experience with relational databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL and the React & NextJS ecosystem.
- Experience and/or curiosity with blockchain development, including experience with Ethereum, Solidity, and smart contracts.
- You led developer teams in tech-driven organizations of different sizes;
- You guided strategic company-wide decisions from a technical standpoint;
- You have mentored different levels of engineers in different areas of the stack;
- Preferably, you have some experience building web3/crypto companies;
- Preferably, you have experience working in DAOs.
- You are an empathetic leader;
- You are able to weigh technical and business decisions to drive the organization to long-term success;
- You think deeply about strategic and technical questions, but don't get stuck in over-analyzing them. You have a bias towards action;
- You are a troubled perfectionist. You love building great solutions but are able to make the necessary trade-offs to achieve an outcome within constraints.
Our offer to you
- A highly competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours across global time zones.
- Annual leave days
- Hobby leave days.
- Mental health days.
- Paid travel to Europe and US for conferences.
- If you need one, a brand new MacBook Pro is yours.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjM5LjE0OC4xMjcM
Press send to write a cover letter for this job post. Sign up and fill-up your bio to make it more personal