About the job
Struck Crypto is looking to hire a Venture Investor (Analyst/Associate) to play a critical role in the fund, in partnership with the firm’s Managing Partner and investors.
About Struck Crypto:
Struck Crypto is a permanent capital evergreen vehicle with $100M+ AUM, investing in blockchain since 2017. First investor in Mythical Games, Zero Hash. Early backer of L1s such as Algorand, Hashgraph, and DeFi projects such as 1inch and Synthetix. You can read more about Struck Crypto and our investments on our website at https://struckcapital.com/crypto.
We are looking to bring on a motivated, passionate member of the Struck Crypto deal team who understands the digital assets landscape in its entirety, including the history of the technological developments and key innovations driving its future.
The ideal candidate will bring a desire to get hands-on training and experience sourcing and evaluating potential crypto deals (or direct experience sourcing and evaluating deals in a past role as an investor). Bonus points if you can also understand the technical aspects of projects (including but not limited to: tokenomics, codebase structure, interoperability capabilities).
- Actively source and identify high-potential early stage Web3 companies/projects founded by the best teams that align with our investment thesis
- Conduct thorough due diligence on potential investments, assessing the teams, technical, financial, and market viability to make informed investment recommendations
- Conduct extensive research on emerging trends and develop theses to drive investment processes
- Setup expert network to analyze the technical specifications and team members of Web3 businesses and products
- Attend all relevant conferences, side events, hackathons, interviews, demo days, and online public presentations about crypto and blockchain
- Ensure firm is abreast of relevant news items, macro tailwinds, and other developments that occur in the crypto and blockchain space and aggregate that data for all pertinent circumstances
- Develop presentations for the firm’s use including firm quarterly LP update presentations and Crypto Fund overview materials
- Manage ongoing relationships with our investments, staying up to date with latest developments on a weekly / monthly basis, codifying those updates, and leveraging our Platform offering as needed to add value to our portfolio companies based on those updates
- Strong Web3 network and strategic with establishing long-term relationships in the industry
- Understanding of industry dynamics and conviction for the Web3 ethos
- Understanding of venture capital, Web3 technologies, and financial analysis
- Ability to intuit upcoming trends in the space
- Ability to interface with founders and to build trust between team members and others in the Struck ecosystem for fostering relationships
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with desire to not leave any stone unturned in a diligence process
- Competency in workplace tools including the Microsoft and Google suites of tools (i.e., PowerPoint/Slides, Excel/Sheets)
- Preferred, but not required: Experience structuring and running deal sourcing and diligence processes autonomously