About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime preventionin a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, andoperational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edgetools and processes.
The Role: Lead, Technical Compliance
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced compliance professionals responsible for criticalfunctions within the Compliance and AML/BSA/Sanctions program. This role will be the key persontranslating compliance subject matter knowledge and data analysis into technology that will power theGemini Compliance program. You will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, assessingtransaction monitoring data ingestion, development and tuning of transaction monitoring scenarios,development of customer risk scoring models, enhancing Sanctions controls, reviewing name andtransaction screening settings, development of reports to present to senior management, and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time. This position willhave frequent interaction with firm senior management, third party vendors/auditors, and multipledepartments within Geminiâs organization.
Geminiâs Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling-up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of a best-in-class compliance department.
- Assist in development and maintenance of Geminiâs transaction monitoring system, includingdata ingestion, development of new transaction monitoring scenarios, and optimization of
transaction monitoring scenarios.
- Support and maintain a customer risk scoring model that reflects Geminiâs risk-based approachand will drive periodic reviews and transaction monitoring (leading to effective customer
- Assist in enhancing Sanctions controls, procedures and tuning of thresholds. Maintain Sanctionstool to stay up-to-date with list updates and relevant regulatory changes.
- Build real-time data and reporting solutions that automate the capture of key managementinformation and reporting in a scalable, efficient and reliable manner using Python or SQL.
- Integrate and maintain external tools to enhance the Compliance Program.
- Assist in developing enhancements to Geminiâs quantitative approach to its enterprise-wideAML/BSA risk assessment.
- Partner with engineers, product managers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights toCompliance.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues.
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform data validation.
- Build and maintain process documentation.
- Balance numerous projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinationsand/or external audits.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience with compliance technology and data analysis within thefinancial services, digital asset and/or management consulting spaces.
- Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must.
- Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications,including Microsoft Office, case management systems, and web-based databases.
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments.
- Strong technical and clear business communication >
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Understanding of or familiarity with regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation toAML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
- Exposure to blockchain tracing/analytics tools or blockchain concepts.
- Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.