Progress - Irvine, CA
$126,000.00 - $160,000.00
Must be able to commute to Irvine, CA on a hybrid work model in January 2023 (Tues/Wed office days, subject to change).
SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in the video game market to one of the most prominent video game developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000 employees passionately working to bring the best gaming entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not the richest, portfolio of original IPs something we are very proud of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this, and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There's never been a more exciting time in the company's history to join SEGA!
Sega of America is seeking a Manager of Commercial Analysis enthusiastic about the intersection between gaming and business. This position is focused on looking at sales data and other metrics to lead forecasting and other business decisions. It will work closely with commercial and planning teams to enhance existing models and drive discovery of new insights.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Take ownership and drive improvement of the forecasting process
- Communicate to related internal parties to understand key business questions for various projects across console, PC, and mobile
- Use sales data and other metrics to build/improve sales curve models for internal and external titles
- Summarize forecast, analysis, and other findings into materials to present to relevant stakeholders
- Support post-launch review of titles by comparing forecast to actuals and isolating learnings for future forecasts
- Lead analysis and research initiatives to drive growth in new opportunities for the business
- Drive insights to help formulate action plan for breaking into target growth territories
- Guide internal discussions relating to current and emerging trends (e.g. subscription, GaaS, cloud gaming, NFT, metaverse)
- Leverage competitor sales data and desktop research to model impact for scenario analysis
- Develop ways to incorporate new market research insights into forecast modeling
- Assist with yearly comprehensive report on the gaming market
- Assist in answering internal sales data and market queries (e.g. competitor analysis)
- Build relationships across the organization to strengthen inter-department communication and better understand context for analytic needs
Qualifications And Skills
- 3-5 years of business analysis or forecasting experience
- Experience taking ownership of projects and leading/managing team members to accomplish them
- Gaming industry experience highly preferred
- Ability to solicit information from key stakeholders and convert to appropriate and consistent messaging for target audiences
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner with the proven and consistent capability of meeting tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn the latest market trends, business model, technologies in the entertainment industry
- Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, or business
- Experience working with a Japanese game publisher or company.
- A passionate gamer with deep knowledge of SEGA and ATLUS games.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M