Partner 36, People Practices, Crypto
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
Weâve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what itâs like to be in the founderâs shoes. Weâve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
As part of the People Practices organization you will be working directly with our portfolio, supporting 4 General Partnersâ investments focused primarily in the Crypto space. The People Practices team focuses on helping our portfolio companies build out the right HR infrastructure as a company grows, starting from an idea through to hyper growth. The successful candidate will work directly with CEOâs and HR leaders within the portfolio in advising and partnering to identify, design and implement the right programs at the right time to attract, onboard and retain employees. As a member of the People Practices team you will help identify trends and solutions to address a very competitive market as it relates to people, and share insights on how to address growing pains across the portfolio. In addition to understanding the challenges across the portfolio you will be responsible for highlighting themes to the Operating Partner and General Partners.
While partnering with the portfolio you will work closely with others on the People Practices and talent team to build content and drive monthly training managers and leaders. The People Practices organization is also responsible for understanding current market trends to all People related programs, ranging from compensation, benefits, employment law, compliance, culture and organizational design. In addition this person should have passion around technology and find excitement around knowing the up and coming technology in the HR/People space.
We are looking for the successful candidate to have the minimum qualifications:
- At least 7 years HR experience within a high-growth technology company. Web3/crypto experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functional areas including recruiting, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering training across the organizations.
- Knowledge of HR compliance and regulations and industry standard methodologies.
- Detail and action-oriented individual with a passion for implementation. Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment.
- Previous experience working with executives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must have the ability to influence and collaborate
- Global HR knowledge is nice to have.
- This role will be based in one of the following locations: SF Bay Area, Los Angeles, Miami or NYC. Candidates must be available to work on-site upon request at any of these a16z office locations.
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $320,000-$374,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.