As the Principal Engineer, your goal will be to actively contribute to making Bitpanda’s platform scalable, performant, resilient and secure.
You will be a reference to the other members of the engineering team and proactively grow their technical skills within the company. Through guidance, mentorship and hands-on contributions, you’ll engage technical and non-technical stakeholders and elevate our engineering standards and technology in the entire product and engineering organisation.
What you’ll do
- Grow and inspire the Product and Engineering organisation, while providing technical guidance for highly complex initiatives
- Conceive plans and conduct research in relevant problem areas or new technology of considerable scope and complexity.
- As an excellent communicator, you will gather requirements and pave the way for consensus on the creation and adoption of architectural decision records across multiple departments.
- You will lead smaller teams of senior engineers to deliver high impact initiatives crucial for Bitpanda’s business goals and align with the company strategy and explore technologies which can have a positive impact for Bitpanda in the years to come
- Analyze potential business opportunities for their benefits and risks and deduct clear decisions
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured architectural diagrams and technical documents
What we’re looking for
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams, and navigate technical ambiguity with only high-level direction.
- You have experience in large scale adoption of reactive systems and are able to break down complex initiatives into smaller iterations that involve other engineering and product teams
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with building reactive micro services leveraging event or message driven architecture for systems with high load.
- You’re proficient with many of the following tools and technologies:
Apache Kafka, SQS, AWS Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, ElasticCache / Redis, Kubernetes and at least one of the following programming languages: Java/Go/Python/PHP
- You are highly collaborative, focused on building relationships across all departments and be self-driven to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data. An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment. The ability to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organisation
- Several years of experience with a track record in successful delivery of initiatives in the area of Quality Assurance. Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be in the middle and not sit on the sidelines. Somebody who has the ability to connect with people outside the Engineering Area, at different levels within the organisation
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM