We are looking for a Senior Compliance Associate to help with the implementation and buildout of our compliance related initiatives. This position will be based in our Singapore office and will give you the opportunity to interact with the global business and legal team on a cross-jurisdictional basis. Paradigm is a growth-stage start-up, and the ideal candidate will be a builder, willing to roll up their sleeves and work in a global position.
- Take a leading role in overseeing the Onboarding Process to uphold compliance best practices.
- Manage Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and onboarding for potentially high-risk clients, including high-profile customers, or customers with complex organizational structures.
- Offer mentorship and guidance to junior compliance staff on best practices in compliance, including strategies for mitigating associated risks.
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with client-facing teams, including product development, business development, and account management.
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Director of Compliance and the SVP of Operations in shaping and executing compliance and operational strategies across both Paradigm and Paradex.
- Contribute to various regulatory projects on an ad-hoc and ongoing basis, related to both Paradigm and Paradex.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest regulations and trends in AML and compliance, with a focus on decentralized finance (DeFi) and DEX platforms.
- Assist in the development and execution of compliance related initiatives tailored to Paradex.
- Exercise ethical judgment in personal conduct and business practices, ensuring issues are escalated and managed transparently.
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- At least 3-5 years of experience in institutional client onboarding in crypto, at an exchange or a financial institution
- Understanding of AML and Sanctions compliance (with ACAMS or a similar industry certification a bonus)
- Passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Comfortable working in a global corporate structure
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and execute with a sense of urgency and with ultimate goal of delivering on time
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M