POWERING CRYPTO WITH DATA
CoinMarketCap is the world’s most trusted and accurate source of data for cryptocurrencies. Used by millions of individuals, organizations, and exchanges, CoinMarketCap brings the most up-to-date market capitalizations, pricing, and cryptocurrency information to our users.
Pulling data from multiple exchanges and combining our robust research allows us to provide the most realistic representation of each cryptocurrency. As we grow, we will continue to provide access to our data wherever, whenever, and however is most helpful to our users.
CREATING AN OPEN WORLD
Our mission is to be the world’s authority on cryptocurrency data. We believe in an open and decentralized world, where we play a pivotal role in powering decisions and insights to drive greater understanding and adoption of cryptocurrencies. We want to achieve this mission with people who truly believe in the value and potential of empowering individuals.
- Developing Prediction systems and Machine Learning algorithms
- Data mining or extracting usable data from valuable data sources
- Using Machine Learning tools to select features, create and optimize classifiers
- Carrying out pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include all relevant information for developing analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and validating the integrity of data to be used for analysis
- Analyzing large amounts of information to find patterns and solutions
- Presenting results in a clear manner
- Propose solutions and strategies to tackle business challenges
- Collaborate with Business and IT teams
- At least 7 years of proven experience from Financial industry or similar background
- Programming Skills – knowledge of statistical programming languages like R, Python, and database query languages like SQL, Hive, Pig is desirable
- Familiarity with Scala, Java, C++ is an added advantage
- Statistics – Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. Proficiency in statistics is essential for data-driven companies
- Machine Learning - Good knowledge of Machine Learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests
- Strong Math Skills (Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra) - Understanding the fundamentals of Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra is important as they form the basis of a lot of predictive performance or algorithm optimization techniques
- Data Wrangling – proficiency in handling imperfections in data is an important aspect of a data scientist job description.
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau that help to visually encode data
- Excellent Communication Skills – it is incredibly important to describe findings to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong Software Engineering Background
- Hands-on experience with data science tools
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind and great business sense
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
Working at CoinMarketCap
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the leading company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment, flat organization, flexible working hours
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|New York, United States|| ||Apply|