Senior Developer Relations Engineer (Europe)
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with developers to help them understand and build on Polygon.
- Develop technical documentation, code samples, and other resources to make it easy for developers to get started building on Polygon.
- Act as a liaison between the developer community and other teams within Polygon.
- Work with the product team to prioritize developer feedback and feature requests.
- Continuously measure and report on the success of Polygon's Developer Relations efforts.
- Review and execute a strong North America strategy for Polygon Labs’ Developer Relations initiatives & help expand Polygon Labs’ presence
- Collaborate with North American developer communities to expand their reach and effectiveness
- Build partnerships with technology companies, Web3 protocols and other related entities to maximize the value Polygon Labs delivers to developers and the wider Web3 community.
- Represent Polygon Labs at both in-person and virtual events and hackathons.
A Day in the Life
- A Developer Relations Engineering can perform any of the following duties on a given day:
- Making memes and other forms of engaging social media content on current narratives surrounding Polygon.
- Writing X/Twitter threads, blog posts, and articles on emerging developer technologies, internal or external.
- Speaking at events either IRL or virtually.
- Organizing the entire lifecycle of a hackathon from crafting bounties with internal product teams; to judging cool hackathon projects; to unblocking developers who are looking to build in Web3.
About the Team
- We are a remote-first team comprised of a broad set of experiences ranging from engineering, developer marketing, product development etc. We value:
- Developer Empathy: We understand the developer journey because we are developers ourselves
- Embrace Uncertainty: Being in Web3 means embracing the paradox of being absolutely comfortable with not knowing while not being satisfied with not knowing.
- Async communication and autonomy: We over-index on async communication and autonomy.
- Technical Depth: We know our stuff because developers expect us to
- Team: We don’t seek individual glory at the expense of the greater good, and we understand that our maximized impact is felt when we are aligned and function as a team.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience as a software engineer shipping production-level softwareExperience in developer relations or developer advocacy.
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology, specifically Polygon's stack and middleware solutions.
- Ability to write technical documentation and code samples.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a distributed team and across time zones.
- Passion for building developer communities and helping developers succeed.
- Experience working with DAOs and decentralized governance is a plus.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzMuMjIxLjkwM