229 jobs found
$80k - $150k*
Media Relations Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
Apply for this job
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Matter labs is looking for a Communications Manager to execute an integrated media relations and communication strategy to drive positive brand awareness, attract new users, and elevate industry thought leadership across top-tier and trade platforms (including top-tier digital press, trade publications, podcasts and events).
As Communications Manager you will be reporting into the Media Relations Lead and be working on how we tell our story at a very exciting time. This role is a great opportunity to really influence as a business how we create and create compelling campaigns that will shape the narrative around Crypto. This role is full-time with a strong preference for candidates located within the broader US or EU. Your role will widely vary but an outline of those responsibilities includes;
What You'll Be Doing
- Execute a proactive media relations strategy to secure a steady cadence of positive coverage
- Support on media relations planning and execution for product announcements, commentary, thought leadership profiles and company initiatives
- Secure and staff in-person media interviews at key industry conferences
- Manage reactive press needs, including inbound inquiries and requests
- Work closely with external partners and customers to do joint announcements, build case studies, and infuse their voices into our campaigns
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and influencers
- Conduct regular storymining to uncover storytelling opportunities
- Work cross functionally across Product and Marketing also including with our leadership and Media Relations Lead to secure opportunities to tell our story
- Work with our Copywriters to write press releases, blog posts, partnership announcements, key messages and contribute to all our externally facing communication
What We Look For in You
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Public Relations, Communication or Media Relations experience ideally in the crypto/payments/fintech industries/B2B technology
- Expert knowledge of financial/crypto, Web3 media landscape is a massive plus
- Proven media relations skills
- A strategic thinker with the motivation and drive to own and execute initiatives
- Proactive and relentless go-getter
- Work independently and collaborate with remote global marketing team members
- Fluent English speaker and writing communication skills
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
Apply for this job
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAxLjk0LjIzNgM
What is Zero-knowledge?
Zero-knowledge is a concept in cryptography that allows two parties to exchange information without revealing any additional information beyond what is necessary to prove a particular fact
In other words, zero-knowledge is a way of proving something without actually revealing any details about the proof
Here are some examples of zero-knowledge:
- Password authentication: When you enter your password to log into an online account, the server doesn't actually know your password. Instead, it checks to see if the hash of your password matches the stored hash in its database. This is a form of zero-knowledge because the server doesn't know your actual password, just the hash that proves you know the correct password.
- Sudoku puzzles: Suppose you want to prove to someone that you've solved a particularly difficult Sudoku puzzle. You could do this by providing them with the completed puzzle, but that would reveal how you solved it. Instead, you could use a zero-knowledge proof where you demonstrate that you know the solution without actually revealing the solution itself.
- Bitcoin transactions: In a Bitcoin transaction, you prove that you have ownership of a certain amount of Bitcoin without revealing your private key. This is done using a zero-knowledge proof called a Schnorr signature, which allows you to prove ownership of a specific transaction output without revealing the private key associated with that output.
- Secure messaging: In a secure messaging app, you can prove to your contacts that you have access to a shared secret without revealing the secret itself. This is done using a zero-knowledge proof, which allows you to prove that you have access to the secret without actually revealing what the secret is.