About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department:Service Fundamentals (Identity)
The Role: Senior Engineer
As an engineer on the Identity team, youâll architect and solve complex problems that will directly influence the direction of the digital asset space. Thereâs a wide range of problems to solve at Gemini â however, the Identity team focuses on enabling a seamless onboarding experience for our users while defending against imposters. We have a strong culture of code reviews, and a focus on security, with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our customers, clients, and the rest of the Gemini team, weâd love to hear from you.
- Lead the technical side of the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Review fellow software engineersâ code for correctness, >
- Constantly look to improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini codebase by via refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Drive operational excellence by improving the instrumentation, monitoring, and alerting of your teamâs production software.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work closely across teams, time zones, and dependencies.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, with a proven ability to influence others and make excellent business and technical decisions.
- Always keep our end customer in mind when making any decision.
- At least 8 years of software engineering experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Scala and functional programming paradigms.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- A customer and product-focused mindset, with the ability to make well-reasoned tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex, innovative software solutions.
- Experience working with or being a power user of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology.
- Work experience or knowledge of the finance industry, payments, trading and/or exchange systems.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.