At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
This RippleNet Payments Engineering Enablement team is responsible for developer experience and enabling the operations, infrastructures, tools and processes to effectively deliver product features.
The Sr. Engineering Manager, Software Engineering will help lead the discovery, design and implementation of solutions to transform overall RippleNet Payments Engineering SDLC and developer experience. These solutions, spanning the entire tech stack and all of our infrastructure and tools will include, but not limited to, developer infrastructure, build and test frameworks, CI/CD infrastructure and release process automation. As Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop and grow the team while also being results-oriented in leading the team to achieve goals. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset with strong technical aptitude and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the product delivery organization. It will also be important for the candidate to champion engineering best practices and be accountable for building an open, collaborative culture supporting high performing teams not only within Payments but across Ripple Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Interface with senior management, engineering peers and cross functional teams such as Product, Platform, Info Security in driving strategic planning and execution of resilience and performance programs
- Successfully deliver software products end-to-end, including team ownership of monitoring and resolution of production issues
- Contribute to design and develop tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to increase engineering efficiency and to improve customer experience.
- Lead discovery of next generation applications, tools and work with wider peer teams on implementation, adoption and continuous improvements
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Act as subject matter expert, providing technical leadership and sharing your expertise with the growing builder organization
- Manage and build a team of talented engineers and empower them to grow their career and achieving professional goals
- Code review the work of the team and be responsible for its quality
- Raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment and by investing in Operational Excellence to continuously reduce complexity
- Set vision and mission for achieving scalable, high availability Payments platforms, reinforced by data driven solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 12+ years of hands-on experience on large scale distributed systems and building microservices, automation, and tooling in cloud architecture. Ideally having developed in Java, Python, or Go.
- 3+ years of experience managing team(s).
- 4+ years of experience in designing and operating in large scale, multi-region service platforms
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and securityA positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- DevOps and Platform experience is a must, with deep expertise in Kubernetes working with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS. This includes experience with deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools, Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Experience with real-time telemetry and tracing tools like Jager and Prometheus
- Preferred, experience working with AWS CLI, IAM, ECR, ECS, EC2, S3/EBS/EFS, Security Groups, VPC's, RDS/Aurora, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Cognito
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M