Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department:Crypto Core
The Role: Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
As an engineer on our wallet team, youâll be working as part of the core team of engineers responsible for supporting blockchain technologies across Geminiâs platform. The team supports everything related to accepting deposits, issuing withdrawals, and the secure storage of cryptocurrency on the platform. This includes everything from key management and signing infrastructure to blockchain integrations and token additions.
- Improve feedback cycles at all levels of development (examples: improving the experience of iterating on code locally, deploying to test environments, deploying to production).
- Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends.
- Consistently delivers code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability.
- Build secure contract protocols and backend services to connect Gemini users with the crypto ecosystem.
- Systematically thinks through potential design impacts on other teams and the company.
- Review other software engineersâ code for correctness, >
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Expertise in Scala or in a similar backend programming languages, such as Java or C#.
- Identify and advocate for foundational work and practice improvements in their vertical.
- Genuinely passionate about working with developers and improving their experience and velocity.
- Technical aptitude around Blockchain Technology, Cryptography OR Custodian Services for Cryptocurrency.
- The ability to work closely across teams and manage dependencies.
- A customer- and product-focused mindset, with the ability to make well-reasoned tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- Can successfully plan and execute projects involving multiple developers and complex requirements, prioritizing strategically.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $152,000 - $213,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.