Base is planning to bring a million developers and a billion users onchain. We need your help to make that happen.
The mission of the Developer Product Group engineers is to create solutions so builders can build in crypto. Their suite of products include: Base, WaaS, and Cloud. Our most recent offering, Coinbase Base, is an Ethereum L2 built to scale the crypto economy, the foundation for continuing the on-chain journey. Wallet-as-a-Service (WaaS) is an API-based crypto platform that will enable developers to interact with heterogeneous cryptocurrency networks (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano) in a simple, secure and scalable way. Coinbase Cloud provides web3 APIs, services, and infrastructure to power the next generation of software builders.
We are specifically looking for a fullstack engineer to join the Base team with emphasis in the frontend, to enable and accelerate the success of Base. Youâll be working as a fullstack engineer across all components of our system. The frontend: bridge, marketing, and docs webapps, built in typescript; the backend: Base testnet and mainnet deployments, using golang; and internal product integrations and infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Building and maintaining our frontend web applications with high quality standards
- Open sourcing the web repos and managing the open source contributions and issues from the community
- Assisting with Base oncall, debugging the issues that can arise with our L2 blockchain in production and testnet
- Building key components of the OP Stack to further the decentralization of Base and other L2s
What we look for in you:
- You've developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks.
- Youâre familiar with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- Youâre familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
Nice to haves:
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.)
- Youâve worked with Golang, Geth, Hardhat, Solidity
- You have contributed to the SuperChain via either OP Stack contributions or Base contributions
- Experience with growth experiments or A/B testing frameworks.
- Youâve built responsive web or mobile applications
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may viewPay Transparency,Employee RightsandKnow Your Rightsnotices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in theE-Verify programin certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.