Monad Labs is a venture-backed startup building the Monad blockchain, a high-performance smart contract platform built to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. Monad delivers 1000x the throughput of Ethereum—10,000 transactions per second—while maintaining backward-compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts, offering users and developers the best of both worlds.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring novel open source code to implement a new, high-performance, high-reliability, high-value system.
After raising a $19 million seed round backed by Dragonfly Capital, Placeholder Capital, Naval Ravikant, and other leaders in the crypto space, we are hiring a few more exceptional engineers who want to work on challenging and impactful problems in a fast-paced environment.
Monad Labs is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the core engineering team to focus on components that integrate the blockchain with the outside world, such as JSON-RPC, indexers, wallets, bridges, storage, analytics platforms, and applications. You’ll leverage existing experience with blockchain engineering to build systems that are intuitive and highly performant. You will be part of a small, high-functioning team in a fast-paced startup environment.
Who You Are
- You have at least 4 years of software engineering experience
- You have prior experience in blockchain engineering at a Layer-1, Layer-2, or Infrastructure (Oracle, Bridge, Indexer, RPC Provider, Wallet, or other high-performance app) project
- You have backend engineering experience in low-level languages such as C, C++, or Rust
- You have built something significant from scratch
- You are a great communicator who is willing to participate in technical discussions, reviews, and documentation
- You value the following qualities that define Monad’s Engineering team
- Ability to DO things. When it comes to problem-solving, we value practicality and common sense.
- Strong design skills (e.g. higher-level thinking about how system design, appropriate abstractions, maintainability, to name a few, work)
- Excellence in whatever you have worked on before
- Rigorous development mindset
Why work with us
- You’ll work on extremely challenging problems with massive impact
- You’ll work with and learn from a small, exceptional team (bios here: https://monad.xyz/team)
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and competitive total compensation package.
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- You’ll be part of a flat, results-driven organization
- Your work will be deeply impactful
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $200,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; insurance coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjA0LjE2OS4yMzAM