Software Engineer, Backend/Tooling
- You will work on developer tooling to support developers building on top of the IBC protocol.
- You will be involved in defining developer UX and standardizing various IBC specifications across the industry.
- Use Go and cosmos SDK to build highly scalable and reliable distributed BFT systems.
- Define and refine validator node operation using containerization and orchestration systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
- You will work on large scale simulation testing.
- Operate large-scale validator node clusters.
What You Will Achieve:
- In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and begin contributing to documentation of the product. You will have time to learn about the space, our customer’s needs, and the underlying technology.
- Within 2 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and start taking ownership of various components of the IBC toolchain roadmap. Success looks like sustainable growth and scaling the adoption of IBC and Polymer’s IBC transport hub.
- The ability to independently own projects from inception to delivery (i.e. plan and gather requirements, collaborate with other team members).
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services.
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project Experience with Go or C++, Java, C#, Rust.
- Experience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting Experience with Linux and open source communities.
About The Team:
- The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Chronosphere, Arista Networks, etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
- Competitive salary, equity/token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance coverage
- Free lunches
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Compensation: $51k - $65k *
This job is closed
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: