Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Marketplace
The Role: Manager, Software Engineering
Gemini is where innovation, speed to delivery, and big ideas are celebrated. We are builders who are inventing the future of finance via crypto and Web3-driven innovation. In this role, youâll be responsible for helping your team define their roadmaps, plans, and goals, helping them achieve those goals, and guiding each team member to develop their career at Gemini. Deeply involving yourself in the design and modernization process, and using your existing experience of building cloud systems at scale to guide the team to build robust, scalable and highly available systems.
- Create and evolve a structure and organization design for your team
- Create maintainable software, execute code review and testing, using Scala & Java up to 20% of your time
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, security review and requirements process for new products and features
- Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets
- Drive hiring plans, help source strong candidates and hiring decisions
- Provide timely frequent feedback and coaching to your team members, coordinating with people from around the company to get a full understanding of your teamâs performance
- Provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for your team to execute on its priorities and evolve its capabilities over time
- Communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences
- Adapt the teamâs plans and goals to changing realities in a fast-moving industry
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, helping the team to analyze complex requirements and break down features and initiatives into tasks
- Own the teamâs output, taking responsibility for everyoneâs performance
- 8+ years of experience in software development & delivery
- 3+ years of managing engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers
- Technical aptitude to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Experience with modern software engineering concepts
- Interest and/or expertise in Scala or a similar backend programming language
- Experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as product managers, project managers, and business owners
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.