In the new and exciting world of the decentralized internet, otherwise known as Web3, it is an individualâs fundamental right to own and control their digital identity. To ensure that the individual is paramount in Web3, we are developing a suite of applications to enable everyone to safely engage, take part, and transact in the emerging, decentralized world of the internet. Our platform centers on Web3 Identity and leverages that identity to provide individuals with secure digital asset storage and recovery, access to decentralized finance, the ability to prove ownership of their creations, and gateways to digital interactions and experiences â all to empower and benefit every Web3 user.
We believe that the decentralized nature of Web3 creates an opportunity for everyone to challenge the digital status quoâto own and control their identity, data, finances, creations, and future. This is the chance to get it right â to rally a movement of individuals so Web3 belongs to everyone, not to trillion-dollar companies. To fulfill this vision, we are seeking dynamic people who want to join us in leading the way to this new world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Senior Database Administrator, you are responsible for maintaining the integrity, quality, and security of a database system under the general guidance of the IT Director. As a senior DBA, your job duties include ensuring that the server security is up to date, performing routine back-ups, and designing and implementing tests of the system to address issues with accessing data. You will assist in the alignment of technology standards, architectural patterns, and practices across Programs/Projects to ensure the reuse, reliability, performance, sustainability, and flexibility of various databases. Aides in the development of specifications for enterprise services, descriptions of applied integration patterns, and other templates for use as architectural deliverables/artifacts. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Working on various databases that run on state-of-the-art on-premises and cloud environments.
- Performing all the duties of a database administrator including backup and recovery, patching, SQL performance tuning, system monitoring, database security, object creation, client installs, database upgrades, and database design.
- Migrating databases to new systems enable features and functionality that our customers need.
- Automating repeatable tasks using a scripting language such as bash, python, and ansible.
- Supporting PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and MongoDB database systems 24/7 when needed as part of the on-call rotation team.
- Researching new features and being able to explain how to use them to others in simple-to-understand terms.
- Working with users and developers, writing optimized SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Guiding team members to make sound technical decisions.
- Identifying and providing solutions for recurring issues and opportunities to improve database performance and availability.
- Managing OLTP systems with high uptime.
- Managing ETL Processes with SSIS, & SSRS, or similar.
- Participating in incident and problem management activities related to applications and databases.
- Supporting internal and external projects simultaneously with releases.
- Creating knowledge base articles that can be used by tier one and tier two support engineers in response to routine incidents around the shared database environment.
- Working with project management resources related to the implementation and sustained configuration management of the database environment.
- Owning configuration change activities required to deploy and maintain the shared database environment.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to support configuration management of the shared database environment.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
To ensure success, you have expertise in encryption, tokenizing data, data masking, complex privilege assignments/auditing, and temporary privileges. You have a detailed understanding of data lakes, data warehouses, and their usage patterns, ELT vs. ETL, and architectures. You take a proactive approach to database design, development, and management. You are hands-on in using version control systems such as Gitlab and Atlassian Bitbucket server etc. You have experience with database tools such as TOAD, PGAdmin, DBeaver, pgsql, MySQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, etc. Experience with container-based systems and container orchestration, i.e., Docker, and Kubernetes. You know encryption mechanisms for databases. You are proactive and take responsibility and ownership of tasks and projects assigned and delegated by the IT leadership. You have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with executives. You are fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills. You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast passed, agile environment. You are proficient in MS Office Suite, Windows, Azure, AWS, GCP â Linux, and Android is a plus.
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a bachelorâs degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology, from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Base Administrator.
Blockchains, Inc. (âBlockchainsâ) is proud to be a diverse workforce, and we are committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants. Blockchains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Blockchains, Inc. (âControllerâ), which is located at 610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV 89437 and can be contacted by emailing [email protected]. Controllerâs data protection officer is Edward O'Connor, who can be contacted at [email protected]. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controllerâs recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controllerâs behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected].
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.