At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Develop distributed database platform infrastructure that enables banks to settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Partner with stakeholders across the company for product development, business strategy, inter dependencies, availability, security, performance, scalability, cost optimization requirements and customer servicing. Responsible for designing, developing, managing and scaling enterprise level database infrastructure in order to power high-impact initiatives across the broader organization. Design, implement, and maintain complex relational database systems with Cloud Native principles and best practices to ensure highly available, secure, performant and scalable database systems. Plan and deploy database infrastructure build out, perform upgrades and migrations. Act as a resident expert in database performance, scalability, complex query tuning, monitoring and incident response. Collaborate with multiple functional teams to coordinate database changes adhering to best practices in an agile development environment. Contribute to infrastructure changes in AWS with deep understanding of AWS services. Manage complex data replication environments serving batch as well as real time use cases. Engage in on-call for production systems and take action for incoming pagers and alerts. Independently troubleshoot incoming production and pre-production issues and provide timely resolution. Contribute to major system upgrades, deployment automation, monitoring enhancements and Production changes. Create operational playbooks, contribute to how-to articles, and gain domain knowledge to drive changes in the team. Participate in developing monitoring dashboards and alerts, to improve our ability to proactively analyze and detect problems impacting stability of the application. Responsible for tuning and configuring databases as well as building tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot and automate our systems. Coordinate with customer success and developer teams to triage, escalate, and ensure timely resolution of any incidents. Telecommuting permitted 100%– employee may live anywhere in the U.S.
40 hrs/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field plus eight (8) years of database design and/or enterprise class operational experience (of which five (5) must be progressive, post-baccalaureate experience). Or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field plus six (6) years of database design and/or enterprise class operational experience.
Of the required experience, must have six (6) years of experience in one or more of the following (which may be gained concurrently):
- PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Aurora PostgreSQL, Aurora MySQL, or SQL & NoSQL database technologies
- Database development and/or systems engineering
Of the required experience, must have 1 year of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently):
- Database migration technologies (AWS DMS, Goldengate, Streaming/Logical Replication, or Binary Replication)
- Database performance tuning, monitoring, or troubleshooting
- Programming languages (Python, Ruby, Java, or Perl)
- Scripting languages (Bash, shell scripting, batch scripting, or PowerShell)
- Configuration management and/or provisioning tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or CloudFormation)
- CI/CD technologies (Jenkins or GitLab)
- Version control tools (Jenkins, GitHub, Flyway, or Liquibase)
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM