At Horizon, we’re building a new dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, and trade their NFT/SFT game items.
Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Brevan Howard Digital, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Coinbase, Ubisoft, Polygon, Morgan Creek Digital, Initialized, BITKRAFT, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
Who we're looking for:
As a Senior Smart Contract Engineer, you'll be responsible for designing and implementing new features and improvements to Niftyswap's smart contract system, including the development and maintenance of our newest innovative automated market maker (AMM) algorithm. You will also have the opportunity to work on Sequence, our smart contract wallet and blockchain infrastructure stack.
In this role, you will work closely with our team of engineers, product managers, and designers to bring new features to our platform and ensure the security and scalability of our smart contracts. You will also stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the blockchain space and make recommendations for incorporating new technologies and protocols into our platform.You will also have the opportunity to work on EIPs and fundamental research that will contribute to the wide Ethereum ecosystem.
Design, implement and maintain smart contracts for Niftyswap and Sequence using Solidity
Implement and maintain novel automated market maker (AMM) algorithm for collectibles
Work with the product and design teams to identify and prioritize features and improvements
Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in blockchain technology
Make recommendations for incorporating new technologies into the platform
Write and review code, conduct testing and troubleshoot issues
Writing comprehensive unit tests and documentations
Collaborate with other teams, including but not limited to, backend and frontend teams, to deliver end-to-end features
Help to secure the smart contract and manage auditors
Strong experience with ether.js
Deployed and managed smart contracts on mainnet
Ability to find creative and optimized solutions for smart contracts
Familiarity with smart contract security best practices
Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Strong experience with Git and Agile development methodologies
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Haves
Experience with Typescript or Golang
Experience with foundry
Experience with automated market maker (AMM) algorithm
Experience with smart contract wallets
Knowledgeable in account abstraction (e.g. EIP-4337)
· A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
· Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
· Competitive salary and equity package
· Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
· Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
· Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
· Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
· New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
· Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
· We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
· We invest in everyone’s personal development
· Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.
Apply for this job
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M